Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Winter Pictures/Winterfotos

Tuesday is my day to drive to ballet (in case you have forgotten).  The girls took pictures while I was driving and since I did not take many pictures today, I thought you might enjoy some winter countryside  as seen by my girls.  It was interesting to notice that the snow grew less and less when driving north!  But first a picture of a cute pair of doves I captured this morning.  

Dienstags fahre ich ja die Mädchen immer zum Ballett und beim Fahren haben sie viele Fotos gemacht.  Da ich heute kaum fotografiert habe, gibt es heute Fotos der Winterlandschaft, wie sie die Mädchen gesehen haben.  Je weiter wir nach Norden gefahren sind, desto weniger Schnee lag.  Aber erst hier ein paar Fotos von zwei schönen Tauben, die ich heute morgen gemacht habe.  























These are the fences they put up in the winter to keep the snow off the road.
Diese Zäune halten im Winter den Schnee von der Straße fern.  



This is one picture I took on our outing today while I was grading Latin in the car.
Dieses Foto habe ich gemacht, als ich im Auto Latein korrigiert habe.  

Driving home
Rückfahrt
































And look, what is back: Peter picked up my sewing-machine today.  It has been repaired and cleaned.  He had to drive all the way to Buffalo, which is over an hour, early this morning to get it.  Later in the day he had to teach and I needed the car to drive to ballet.

Und meine Nähmaschine ist wieder zu Hause.  Sie ist repariert und gesäubert worden.  Peter hat sie heute morgen abgeholt und mußte dafür über eine Stunde nach Buffalo fahren.  Er hat es rechtzeitig geschafft.  Nachmittags mußte er ja unterrichten und ich brauchte das Auto, um die Mädchen zum Ballett zu fahren.  



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery and that sky from the brightest blue to the deepest red, thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, San. My father always likes those colors and nature pictures too :).

      Delete
  2. Ihr habt Schnee UND Sonne, das ist die allerschönste Kombination im Winter! Und der Sonnenuntergang sieht auch ganz toll aus. Die Tauben sind ja süß, ganz aufgeplustert in der Kälte. Funktioniert Deine Nähmaschine auch wieder einwandfrei?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, heute wieder, es hat geschneit und die Sonne hat geschienen! Die beiden Tauben haben bestimmt sehr gefroren. Ich hatte leider noch keine Zeit, sie auszuprobieren, das muß noch passieren.

      Delete
    2. Dann wünsche ich Dir viel Glück mit der Nähmaschine oder eher gesagt viel Freude damit.

      Delete
    3. Danke, oben steht ein ganzer Wäschekorb voll mit Nähwäsche . . .

      Delete
  3. Diese Sonnenuntergangsfotos sind wahnsinnig schön, was für Farben!! Toll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, die Wintersonnenaufgänge und -untergänge sind hier sehr schön. Ich habe auch keinen Filter oder so etwas benutzt.

      Delete
  4. A busy day with a long drive for Peter! And your photos are spectacular . . ! Eva, I really love the first dove photo and would like to hang it in my home. Do you mind sending me the jpeg so I could print it out? I will be sure to credit you! If I mat it, I'll write your name below it :) It's very sweet! The driving home photo is also special, with the light a warm glow in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks so much for the compliments. Yes, I will send you the picture. The sun and light during dusk is really wonderful right now.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.