Thursday, March 4, 2021

Hodgepodge/Sammelsurium

Just a small selection of our day:
Eine kleine Auswahl unseres Tages:


Flora's ballet slipper needed some mending, which I did this morning.
Floras Ballettschuh mußte geflickt werden, was ich heute morgen gemacht habe.  

Flora made scrambled eggs for herself and her sisters for breakfast.
Flora hat für sich selbst und ihre Schwestern Rührei zum Frühstück gemacht.  

Veronika and Flora tried a duet with the alto recorder for the first time.
Veronika und Flora haben zum ersten Mal ein Duett mit Altflöte ausprobiert.  


I taught my tutorial again and Peter drove the girls to ballet.  

Ich habe wieder meine Studentin unterrichtet und Peter hat die Mädchen zum Ballett gefahren.  

Our new read-aloud for after supper is Twenty and Ten.  The author is Swiss/French/American.  You can read more about her here.  The book has also been turned into a movie: Miracle at Moreaux.   


Unser neues Vorlesebuch für nach dem Abendessen stammt von einer französisch/amerikanischen Autorin.  Das Buch erzählt die Geschichte von jüdischen Kindern, die in Frankreich während der deutschen Besatzungszeit versteckt wurden.  Leider scheint es dieses Buch nicht auf Deutsch zu geben.  Ich habe nur ein Bilderbuch von der Autorin hier gefunden.  




2 comments:

  1. Scrambled eggs is one of my favorite breakfasts. Veronika and Flora create beautiful music together. It's lovely to hear. I hope they have more duets :)

    I looked up the book you're reading. I will try and get it for my sister. I know we would both enjoy reading it and also seeing the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like scrambled eggs, but not for breakfast. I did not grow up eating eggs like that for breakfast, for me, this is a dish for lunch.

      This was the first time they tried soprano and alto recorder together. I also hope they get to play more together. Veronika is much more advanced and Flora is still learning, so it is hard to find music they both enjoy doing together.

      The author of the book is quite interesting. She has written quite a few books and worked for the New York Public Library for several years.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.