Sunday, July 7, 2019

Cake for Sunday/Kuchen für Sonntag


I baked a cake with fresh blueberries and strawberries today.  It was very yummy. 
Heute habe ich einen Kuchen mit frischen Blaubeeren und Erdbeeren gebacken.  Es war sehr lecker. 


It was much cooler today and I used the afternoon to catch up on my ironing and mending.  From the ironing board I could see the hummingbirds at the feeder.

Es war heute viel kühler und so habe ich den Nachmittag zum Bügeln und Ausbessern benutzt.  Vom Bügelbrett aus konnte ich gut die Kolibris sehen.  








6 comments:

  1. Dein Kuchen sieht sehr lecker aus. Kolibris sind häufig in den USA, oder? Ich würde auch gern mal einen sehen, finde sie faszinierend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, Kolibris gibt es fast überall. Im Winter fliegen sie aber weg. Es gibt verschiedene Sorten. In Kalifornien hatten wir ganz andere als hier in New York. Ich schicke Dir jetzt das Rezept.

      Delete
  2. Your cake looks very good! I need a new iron. Do you recommend yours? Was it made in Germany?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been quite happy with mine. It is still going strong. Here is a link to Amazon. I am pretty sure I got it cheaper somewhere. Yes, mine was made in Germany. I once had one minor problem with the cord, but a local repairman fixed it cheaply. Jonathan, who does a lot of ironing, really likes it. We bought him a cheaper iron, you can see it here, it is good, he says, but ours here at home is better.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the iron recommendations. Maybe I can find the first one on sale somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I had a Philips iron before this one, which I liked a lot, but something broke and Philips stopped selling this brand in the U.S. I could not even get it repaired.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.