Sunday, December 25, 2022

First Day of Christmas: Food/1. Weihnachtsfeiertag: Essen

Scroll down to see the posts from Christmas Eve and December 23.
Weiter unten kann man die Einträge vom Heiligabend und dem 23. Dezember sehen.

Breakfast: Cinnamon rolls
Frühstück: Zimtrollen

Appetizer: Christmas crudités with herbal dip
Vorspeise: Weihnachtsrohkost mit Kräuterdip



My aunt sent us this candle from Germany.
Meine Tante Erika hat uns diese Kerze aus Deutschland geschickt.



Sautéed spinach
Gedünsteter Spinat

Rice
Reis

Creamy chicken with fresh basil (my mother's recipe)
Hähnchengeschnetzeltes (Rezept von meiner Mutter)

Dessert: Mandarin oranges dipped in dark chocolate
Nachtisch: Mandarinen in Zartbitterschokolade getaucht

These two reindeer are warming their feet because it is so cold!
Diese beiden Rentiere wärmen sich die Füße, weil es so kalt ist!


4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you all 🙂. I sent a little gift and card early in December but what with all the postal strikes it is probably still languishing in some depot! I’m pretty sure it’s tracked though so will ask Dave to look on the website today. Stay safe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you also! There is a gift for you in the mail also, but with the winter storm I am not sure if it has left the country. We are not getting any mail right now because things are stuck in Buffalo, which is still under a travel ban. I am looking forward to receive yours. Our Christmas letter has not gone out, though. Peter finished it, but I have to translate and format it. I have a bad cold and have not been able to work much on it. But I will get there.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas dear Eva. You had quite a feast :) I hope your cold is all gone by now and we look forward to your Christmas letter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I only saw this now! I know I said somewhere else "Merry Christmas" to you and sent you our letter in January. I hope it arrived.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.