Friday, January 26, 2024

Organ Concert/Orgelkonzert



We went to an organ concert tonight.  The organ player was a former student of our college and is now a professional musician.  Her daughter married one of the first German students I ever taught at our college here.  His sister was Charlotte's flute teacher for a while.  

Heute waren wir bei einem Orgelkonzert.  Die Organistin ist hier zum College gegangen und dann zur Eastman School of Music in Rochester.  Sie ist professionelle Organistin.  Es hat sich herausgestellt, daß ihr Schwiegersohn zu der ersten Gruppe von Studenten gehört, die ich hier an unserem College unterrichtet habe.  Die Schwester dieses Studenten war Charlottes Querflötenlehrerin.






5 comments:

  1. How nice to attend a concert close to home. I keep meaning to get to Third Street Music School's Friday night events, but I always feel too busy. I think I just need to pencil it in on the calendar. We used to go when the girls attended classes there and the concerts are wonderful . . and also free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter remembered that there was this organ concert. Organ music is not my favorite, but I knew he really wanted to go and so we went along. It was a good concert. Yes, put it in the calendar. I normally do that at the beginning of each month: I add concerts/events that might be of interest to all.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.