Monday, January 8, 2024

Long Day/Langer Tag

The semester has started and I taught my Germany students again.  We started studying the geography of Northern Germany.  In addition, the students had to find all "states" in Germany and also find out what countries border Germany.  One of my students could not make it to class because he got stuck in the same snowstorm in Boston Jonathan told us about.

Das Semester hat angegangen und meine Studenten haben u.a. etwas über Norddeutschland gelernt.  Wir haben auch Bundesländer von Deutschland auf eine Landkarte eingetragen und dazu die umliegenden Staaten von Deutschland bestimmt.  Ein Student konnte noch nicht wieder zum College zurück, weil er im Schneetreiben in Boston feststeckt.  Das ist der Schneesturm, von dem Jonathan uns erzählt hatte. 

We went back to our school studies here at home and managed to complete a lot, although I could not find pages in a workbook about the human skeleton, which I was going to use today.   I have no idea where they went.  Leo had eaten some of our indoor plants and his digestion was not in good shape!  I had a lovely phone call from my father, then we did some French, Latin, and Biblical Greek, and it was time to drive to ballet.  

Wir haben auch wieder Unterricht zu Hause gemacht und eigentlich viel geschafft, doch konnten wir bestimmte Seiten in einem Arbeitsbuch zum menschlichen Skelett nicht finden.  Ich muß sie mal entfernt haben und für ein anderes Kind benutzt haben.  Leo hatte heute Verdauungs-probleme, weil er Zimmerpflanzen gefressen hat!  Mein Vater hat angerufen und wir haben uns sehr nett unterhalten.  Dann mußten wir noch Latein, Französisch und Bibelgriechisch machen, bevor es zum Ballett ging.  

I had to work in a different room in the library today.
Ich mußte heute in einem anderen Zimmer der Bücherei arbeiten.

Ballet studio (parents waiting area)
Ballettstudio (Wartezone für Eltern)

Ballet merchandise anyone?
Braucht jemand noch Ballettartikel?



6 comments:

  1. Such nice homeschooling work days . . and fun to see the ballet items :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice you spoke with your dad! I hope he is well . . and I send much love to your mom xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is doing okay. I think he misses his sister, my Aunt Erika. She used to call every evening. My mom has used one of her arms much more recently. My dad was very happy about that.

      Delete
    2. That's nice to hear about your mom. Yes, your dad must miss his sister . . I'll keep him in my prayers xoxo

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.