Friday, April 28, 2023

Concert/Konzert


After a long day, the girls and I went to the last concert of the semester: We heard Haydn’s Mass in D minor ("Lord Nelson Mass"), Schubert’s Overture to "Rosamunde," D 644, and Dvořák’s "Te Deum," Op. 103.  Most of my German students were singing in the choir and Flora's violin teacher played the first violin.

Nach einem langen Tag bin ich mit den Mädchen zum letzten Konzert in diesem Semester gegangen.  Es gab die Missa in angustiis von Haydn, die Overtüre zu Schuberts "Rosamunde" und Dvořák’s "Te Deum".  Fast alle meine Studenten haben im Chor gesungen und Floras Geigenlehrerin hat die 1. Geige gespielt.  




2 comments:

  1. Hello Eva, It seems I just cannot access comments while signed in on the ipad . . I'm writing right now from Greg's computer. It's just frustrating as I specifically hoped to use the ipad when traveling . . oh well. Can't believe it's the last concert of the season for you . . and how nice to hear your students and Flora's teacher. Good luck finishing up the semester and I hope you're having a beautiful spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry about all the commenting trouble. I also replied to your e-mail about that. Yes, Flora's teacher is doing so many things: piano, choir, violin, and she will be the London T.A. next year. Thanks for the good luck. I hope spring will show its warmer side soon. It is so rainy and cold right now.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.