Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Purple Clouds/Lilafarbene Wolken










Miriam took these pictures tonight.  Miriam hat diese Fotos heute abend gemacht.  

I have been playing around with these scheduling cards.  They are Charlotte Mason education cards, but work well even for our type of education.  I find them quite helpful for creating our wall schedule for the whole family.  Most of my day had to do with looking at ballet items we will need for the fall and where to order them (the girls will do ballet with masks twice a week), designing our wall schedule, reading over my 1700 subtitles for the second time to fix small mistakes, and doing all the things a good housewife, wife, and mother does every day.  The pediatrician called to set up an appointment for a well-child-visit for Flora.  I still have to place my order with Rainbow Resource.  I keep changing my order items.  I also need to get more main lesson books.  I like to get them from Palümba or Mecurius.  

Ich habe heute weiter mit Hilfe von kleinen Planungskarten an unserem Familienstundenplan herumgebastelt.  Die Kärtchen sind für deutsche Leser wohl eher uninteressant, aber für mich hilfreich.  Dann habe ich mich ziemlich lange mit Ballettkleidern und -schuhen beschäftigt, die ich noch bestellen muß, bevor die Mädchen wieder (mit Maske) tanzen.  Heute abend habe ich meine 1700 Filmuntertitel zum zweiten Mal auf Fehler hin durchgelesen.  Der Kinderarzt hat angerufen, um einen Vorsorgetermin für Flora zu vereinbaren.  Ich muß immer noch meine große Bestellung für Bücher bei Rainbow Resource (ein Paradies für Heimschüler: Sie haben um die 50.000 Produkte!) aufgeben.  Jeden Tag verändere ich da immer wieder etwas, weil ich mich nicht so ganz entscheiden kann, was ich genau jetzt haben will.  Außerdem brauchen wir noch Epochenhefte.  Die amerikanische Abteilung von Mercurius beliefert auch Heimschulen, was bei einigen Dingen sehr praktisch ist.  Man muß aber leider immer z.B. 10 Hefte kaufen, also bekommt man kaum einzelne Dinge.  Andere, kleinere Läden, wie Palümba, lassen einen auch nur ein Heft bestellen.  Natürlich habe ich auch all die Dinge getan, die eine gute Hausfrau und Mutter (und Ehefrau) so jeden Tag tut.     



3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it Eva, looking at those scheduling cards video gives me a headache! Mind you I only have to bumble along with one therefore I can see how they would be valuable to you. Dancing in masks must be hard work xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find these cards quite helpful for my complicated schedule. I am always afraid I might miss a subject or a child. I like the fact that you can move these cards around before locking them into place. And many of the card subjects are covered by my main lessons, so I can set them aside and not use them. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to homeschool five children at once. I am still not sure if Flora will manage the dance with a mask. We will see.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sky photos! I used to use index cards to help me plan the year . . a similar idea I think. Glad your translation is going well! Palümba looks like a nice website. I enjoyed purchasing our supplies from Paper, Scissor, Stone . . I remember Mercurius used to require large quantities to be bought, so a few times several families joined together for an order. Good luck with the rest of your planning!

    We just had a very heavy rainstorm blow through, and now it's humid again. I think it will be cooler and less humid by morning. I'm hoping! Last night was the same.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.