Thursday, February 27, 2020

Snow/Schnee


I guess my blog posts are getting quite boring: I do have a few more snow pictures for you, but most of the snow is falling right now, in the dark.  All schools were closed, but no power outages for us so far. 



Meine Einträge hier werden ein wenig eintönig: Ich habe wieder Schneebilder, obwohl der meiste Schnee gerade im Dunkeln fällt.  Alle Schulen waren geschlossen, aber Strom gibt es noch für uns.   

Red-winged Blackbirds
Rotflügelstärlinge






4 comments:

  1. Snow is so pretty. I miss the snowstorms we usually get . . and Red-winged Blackbirds are one of my favorite birds . . along with the Mockingbird, the Cardinal and the Black-capped Chickadee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and I am still so surprised that you did not get our snow. There were so many of the blackbirds! I don't hink we get a lot of mockingbirds here, but a lot of cardinals and chickadees. Those chickadees can be very aggressive! They tried to attack me once when I went to fix their nesting box. They have sharp beaks.

      Delete
    2. I never realized chickadees could be so much like blue jays! It's a little scary when they do that, and how ungrateful of them :)
      Yes, it's surprising to us, too, that we haven't had snow!

      Delete
    3. I went back inside the house to get an umbrella to protect me. They tried to get their beaks through it! They were like little beasts!

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.