Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Almost Like Yesterday/Fast wie gestern

Well, if you read my entry from yesterday, you will be probably quite bored by my entry from today . . . The girls went to a printmaking class and I had some coffee in the same café as yesterday.  Today, there was a book study going on and I was able to help the ladies out: They were wondering what the German word for "death" was (it had something to do with the book they were reading).  So I did not just chat about the weather with the owner, but also helped those ladies, and corrected more of the girls' workbooks.  Oh, I also went to the post office, but did not go for a walk because it was sooo cold!  

Falls jemand gestern meinen Blog gelesen hat, dann wird er oder sie wohl den heutigen Eintrag recht langweilig finden.  Die Mädchen haben heute mit einer Druckerpresse gedruckt.  Ich war wieder in demselben Café, aber dieses Mal gab es dort einen Buchclub, der sich getroffen hat.  Ich konnte den Teilnehmerinnen aushelfen, weil sie sich gefragt haben, was das deutsche Wort für "death" wäre.  Es hatte etwas mit ihrem Buch, das sie besprochen haben, zu tun.  Also habe ich dieses Mal nicht nur mit dem Eigentümer über das Wetter geredet, sondern auch den Damen weiterhelfen können (natürlich habe ich auch die Schularbeit der Mädchen korrigiert).  Ach ja, bei der Post war ich auch, aber ich bin nicht spazieren gegangen, weil es viel zu kalt war.  



Printing equipment
Druckerei Geräte



Pressing paper
Papierpresse

We met Peter for lunch in the cafeteria.  Then I had to teach German and had office hours.  Peter went grocery shopping and had Veronika and Miriam along.  Flora was with me and accompanied me to my students' concert in the evening. 

Peter haben wir zum Mittagessen in der Mensa getroffen.  Dann mußte ich Deutsch unterrichten und meine Sprechstunde abhalten.  Peter hat Lebensmittel eingekauft und Miriam und Veronika mitgenommen.  Flora war bei mir und ist mit mir abends zum Konzert meiner Studentin gegangen. 

Walking to the concert hall
Wir gehen zum Konzertsaal.

Flora's fox was very attentive.
Floras Fuchs hat gut aufgepaßt.  

I don't post pictures of my students, so you have to just look at the piano.
Ich stelle keine Fotos von meinen Studenten ins Internet, also muß man sich mit dem Flügel zufrieden geben!

Here at home, I just prepped a lentil soup in my slow cooker for tomorrow's lunch.  We will be gone twice tomorrow: first we will do some bookbinding, come home, and eat my soup, and then join Elijah for a new home ecology class.  I think, by the time the weekend comes around, I will be utterly exhausted.   

Hier zu Hause habe ich gerade eine Linsensuppe für das Mittagessen morgen vorbereitet.  Sie wird über Nacht kochen.  Morgen machen wir zwei Aktivitäten: Erst Buchbinden und dann, nach dem Mittagessen, mit Elijah eine Naturkundeklasse.  Ich glaube, wenn das Wochenende kommt, werde ich todmüde sein!  


2 comments:

  1. It was 42 again here today!!! Everyday it's 42! And meanwhile, you are freezing. Ah well. Spring must come soon. Maybe it will be warmer for you on your Birthday.

    Aren't there a few German words for Death? It's fun to be able to help people out :)

    Printmaking after the papermaking! That's so fun. What did they choose to print?

    I had lunch with Greg today as we had to sign some papers for our coop. And then he went back to work and we met later for an orchestra concert my friend was playing viola in. Our day was a bit similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 21 here this morning in Angelica. Our snowdrops are peeking through, but then they get buried in snow again.

      Well, the main word is "Tod." I think the bad guy's last name in the book, an architect of concentration camps, was "Tod."

      Yes, you also had an evening concert, how fun! I did not sign papers, though, just graded papers :). Your package arrived today. I will save it for tomorrow.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.