Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Concert/Konzert

I have decided to post again about our lives in order to help my father in his pain and sorrow.  A little bit of normal life is sometimes healing when facing so much pain and sadness.  I will also update on my mother in case I receive any big news.  We have been praying a rosary every night.  Last night, we prayed all together: Miriam, Veronika, Flora, Peter, and I here and Jonathan and Charlotte via Google Hangouts in Pennsylvania.  Tonight, Charlotte prayed with us here at home.  Peter picked her up and brought her home for her four day fall break.   

Ich habe entschieden, hier weiterhin über unseren Alltag zu berichten, um meinem Vater ein wenig Alltagsleben aus der Ferne zu schenken.  Vielleicht hilft das etwas bei so viel Schmerz und Trauer.  Ich werde auch schreiben, wie es meiner Mutter geht, wenn sich ihr Zustand ändert.  Wir haben bisher jeden Abend einen Rosenkranz gebetet.  Gestern abend konnten wir alle zusammen beten: Peter, Miriam, Veronika, Flora und ich hier zu Hause und Jonathan und Charlotte durch Google Hangouts von Pennsylvania mit uns.  Jetzt ist Charlotte für vier Tage zu Hause    

Last Friday, we were attending a homecoming concert on campus.

Am letzten Freitag waren wir bei einem Konzert bei unserem College.   



 Our choir and orchestra
Unser Chor und Orchester

 
 Flora's little rabbit liked the music.
Floras kleines Häschen mochte die Musik.









7 comments:

  1. Guten Morgen Eva, ich hab mir die Musik angehört, es hört sich sehr schön an. Eine tolle Stimme hat die Frau. Es ist schön, von Euch zu lesen auch wenn die Zeiten nicht leicht sind. Alle guten Segenswünsche weiterhin für Deine Familie, auch für Deinen Vater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, danke. Unsere Musikabteilung hat einen guten Ruf und eine ganze Reihe dieer Sänger und Sängerinnen streben eine Opernkarriere an. Danke für Deine lieben Worte!

      Delete
  2. It was lovely to be able to speak with you albeit during difficult circumstances. Prayed for you all again during my quiet time this morning. I have been attending the bible course, which is a weekly video, discussion and daily reflection series run by our local Anglican Church. The vicar us really lovely and there are five of us in the group. By the grace of God I have been up at 6:15 the last few morning, cup of tea, blanket, notebook and bible. A really lovely start to the day 🙂 Sending much love to you all ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your call was a big surprise and it was so nice to receive all your prayers and well-wishes! That is the perfect way to start your day! It is a bit like Veronika's early walks to campus to participate in Morning Prayer. I am glad you manage to do it.

      Delete
  3. "Busy hands help to make a light heart." This saying popped out at me the last time I re-read The Little House Books with the girls . . that was awhile ago! However, I remember feeling very sad at the time as I think it was right around when my Aunt died, and so the words stayed with me. I think the situation for Ma and Laura was that Mary had gone off to college . . speaking of college, it must be nice to have Charlotte home for a little while. It is nice to hear about your days, Eva, and the singing in the concert above was beautiful. I hope you had some sunshine today, to help lighten your heart a little. Love, Dorina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have sunshine on Thursday and Friday, but today it was cloudy and rained. Jonathan is home too now, so we are all together again. I have not read those books for a long time. I read Farmer Boy with Jonathan, the others read those books by themselves and Flora listened to them as audiobooks.

      Delete
    2. I had several students sing in that concert and it was interesting what they thought about it when we talked about it on Monday :).

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.