Friday, May 19, 2023

Cuba (New York)

Flora wanted to make a hair appointment to have her ends cut off before her birthday on Monday and so I packed all my "children" into our van and drove to Cuba.  Jonathan and Veronika did serious work at "The Perfect Blend" and . . .

Flora wollte vor ihrem Geburtstag zum Friseur und sich die Enden schneiden lassen und so bin ich mit allen "Kindern" nach Cuba gefahren.  Jonathan und Veronika haben in einem Café fleißig gearbeitet und


Charlotte and Miriam worked there on German crossword puzzles.  
Charlotte und Miriam haben dort deutsche Kreuzworträtsel gemacht.



Decoration
Dekoration

After her haircut
Nach dem Friseur





One last thing: Peter's grandfather turns 99 today.  We visited him last year in Michigan:
Und zu guter Letzt: Peters Großvater wird heute 99.  Letztes Jahr haben wir ihn in Michigan besucht:


And this picture is from 2018:
Und hier noch ein Bild von 2018:




2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of everyone with great grandfather! 99! That's wonderful. And I think I spy a beautiful San bag? It looks like a nice cafe and I always have to smile when you say you've gone to Cuba :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 99 is amazing! So true, that is San's bag. We love the bags she has made for us. The café is quite nice (we don't have many cafés in the area). I also chuckle when I talk about "Cuba." I once had a student from there and whenever the students had to talk about where they were from he said, "Ich komme aus Kuba." That was so funny!

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.