Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Die Familie Pfäffling



I got out the book "Die Familie Pfäffling."  It was written by Agnes Sapper in 1907.  I loved it when growing up; my Oma Gerda had it on her bookshelf.  I have used it as a read-aloud before, but Veronika and Flora do not remember much.  So now we are reading it again 😀.


Heute habe ich mit dem Buch Die Familie Pfäffling von Agnes Sapper als Vorlesebuch angefangen.  Sie hat es 1907 geschrieben.  Ich habe es als Kind auf dem Bücherregal meiner Oma Gerda entdeckt und schon einmal hier vorgelesen, doch können sich Flora und Veronika nicht so gut daran erinnern.  Deswegen lesen wir es wieder 😀.



12 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful book to read and makes me think of "Mama's Bank Account" by Kathryn Forbes. We read the book and watched the movie titled "I Remember Mama."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so funny, but also very touching. I don't know "Mama's Bank Account." I have to check the library for it.

      Delete
    2. Our library never had it either, but my sister always had a copy as it's about a Norwegian family and Warren is Norwegian.

      Delete
    3. Well his grandparents were both from Norway!

      Delete
    4. And the movie is one of my favorites . . I love that it takes place in San Francisco :)

      Delete
    5. They have the movie, but not the book. I did not know that Warren's family came from Norway. Is that why Morgana and Chanda visited some relatives there?

      Delete
  2. I keep forgetting to write that I like your new background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I thought it would go well with summer.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's bright and feels like an Amish motif to me . . maybe it's the birds. I don't know why I have that connection!

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.