Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Spring?/Frühling?

On my way to the post office, Miriam and I saw first signs of spring.
Auf dem Weg zur Post haben Miriam und ich die ersten Frühlingsanzeichen gesehen.



Unfortunately, we are supposed to get more snow next week.  At least according to our mailman.
Aber unser Postbote hat Schnee für nächste Woche vorhergesagt.  Hoffentlich hat er Unrecht.

Crocus
Krokus

Snowdrops
Schneeglöckchen

Coltsfoot
Huflattich

Miriam and I attended a very interesting lecture by Professor Miller from Georgetown called “Fighting for Hope: Afghanistan, Ukraine, and the Future of World Order."  And today I got another birthday package, this time from dear San:

Miriam und ich waren bei einem interessanten Vortrag über die Ukraine und Afghanistan und was die Konflikte dort für die Weltordnung bedeuten.  Und heute ist noch ein Geburtstagspäckchen angekommen.  Dieses Mal aus England von meiner Freundin San:

She made me this cloth and this lovely bird and sent me a card where we are having coffee together.  That was such a thoughtful combination of things!  I love it!  And the bird will cheer my days.

Sie hat mir diesen Lappen gestrickt und dazu einen Vogel.  Auf der Karte sieht man zwei Kaffeetassen (San und ich trinken Kaffee).  So liebe Geschenke und der Vogel wird mir immer ein liebes Lied zwitschern.

And look at my cactus!
Und mein Kaktus blüht!

I am feeling much better and Peter sounds better, but poor Veronika is not feeling so great.
Mir geht es viel besser und Peter klingt nicht mehr so heiser, aber jetzt fühlt sich Veronika gar nicht gut.


2 comments:

  1. I’m so happy the package finally arrived 🙂🩷. Dave was tracking its progress as it travelled from here to you, an interesting journey 🙂. Sending love to you on this sunny Wednesday morning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing that you could track it! I cannot really do that in a detailed way from here with packages to Germany. We had a very rainy day and it was much colder. But we did pray the Stations of the Cross in church and attended Mass.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.