Sunday, March 3, 2024

Sunday/Sonntag

Miriam is home and we are so happy to have her for a week.  Peter picked her up in Buffalo yesterday evening.  She had to get up at 2:00 a.m. to get here and was quite tired.

Miriam ist zu Hause und wir freuen uns, sie eine Woche hier zu haben.  Peter hat sie gestern abend beim Flughafen abgeholt.  Sie war schon um 2 Uhr morgens/nachts aufgestanden, um nach hier zu fliegen und war daher sehr müde.

Some more birthday presents arrived in the mail for me.
Ich habe noch mehr Geburtstagsgeschenke per Post bekommen.

My dear friend Sigrid made this beautiful shawl for me.  I am so impressed!
Meine liebe Freundin Sigrid hat diesen wunderschönen Schal für mich gestrickt.  Ich bin ganz begeistert und beeindruckt!

Jonathan gave me this book (paid link).
Jonathan hat mir dieses Buch geschenkt.

My father sent some pretty books from Northern Germany.
Mein Vater hat mir schöne Bücher aus Norddeutschland geschickt.



And also this perfume (My mother loves freesias.)
Und auch dieses Parfüm (Meine Mutter mag Freesien.)

Veronika found these egg cosies (cozies) for me.  
Veronika hat diese Eierwärmer für mich gefunden.


Peter and Veronika were gone for a few days last week, looking at a college for Veronika in Ohio.  They also visited Peter's aunt and uncle and had a wonderful time.  Unfortunately, they brought back a cold.  First Peter had it, then I got it, and now Veronika seems to be getting it.

Peter und Veronika waren letzte Woche auch in Ohio, um ein College für Veronika zu besichtigen.  Sie haben auch Peters Tante und seinen Onkel besucht, was für alle Beteiligten schön war.  Leider haben sie eine Erkältung zurückgebracht.  Erst hatte Peter sie, jetzt ich, und nun scheint Veronika sie zu bekommen.

I guess we all should take naps like Leo.
Wir sollten wahrscheinlich uns alle wie Leo ausruhen.

Flora was at the Academy almost every day last week, rehearsing their play.  They had two performances, one on Friday and one yesterday.

Flora war fast jeden Tag bei der Akademie, um das Theaterstück, das sie aufführen wollten, zu üben.  Es gab zwei Vorführungen: eine am Freitag und eine gestern.

Tomorrow, our semester and our homeschool will continue.  My students have to take an exam.
Morgen geht unser Semester und unsere Heimschule weiter.  Meine Studenten müssen eine Klausur schreiben.



4 comments:

  1. Hope the cold virus is soon on its way out of your system. Those gifts are just lovely especially the shawl 🩷. We have sunshine and a little bit of warmth here today so the bedding is out on the line. Happy Tuesday to you dear friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling much better. Now Veronika is the one feeling bad. Yes, the shawl is very beautiful! We had sunshine today, but it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Good for you with the bedding! I always air it out on the weekend. Your package arrived today and is so lovely. Thanks so much! I hope Leo won't try to get the bird :). I posted pictures of your presents today. Too bad we could not have the cup of coffee for real.

      Delete
    2. Hopefully we can have that coffee next year if you make the journey to London as planned. I’m glad to read you are feeling better but sorry to read about Veronika. Ben is currently sick and since his only contact with folk is from the local shop it’s a bit weird. He is trying to stay away from the rest of us as much as possible xx

      Delete
    3. Yes, I do hope it will work out. Veronika's nose is really bad, but she thinks it should be better tomorrow. Ah, poor Ben! I hope he will recover soon. Nobody else here has gotten sick. I hope it will stay that way.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.