Friday, January 7, 2022

24

Yesterday was Epiphany and Jonathan's 24th birthday, 24!  How did that happen?
Gestern war Dreikönigstag und Jonathans 24. Geburtstag, 24!  Wie ist das nur passiert?


Spaghetti with buffalo meat sauce
Spaghetti mit Büffelfleischtomatensoße

Spinach salad
Spinatsalat

Mochi ice cream
Mochi Eis

In the afternoon, we opened presents and had cake.
Am Nachmittag haben wir Geschenke geöffnet und Kuchen gegessen.















Miriam painted this train for Jonathan.
Miriam hat Jonathan diesen Zug gemalt.





Flora carved this wooden box for Jonathan.
Fora hat diese Holzkiste für Jonathan geschnitzt.





Veronika had a special sock with lemon drops.
Veronika hatte einen besonderen Strumpf mit Zitronenbonbons.

Charlotte gave him some chocolate.
Charlotte hat ihm Schokolade geschenkt.

Not sure, what he was doing here.
Was er hier gemacht hat, weiß ich nicht mehr.



💗

Orange Almond Cake
Orangenmandelkuchen

And it is snowing and snowing and quite cold: 15 degrees right now.
Und es schneit und schneit und ist ziemlich kalt, im Moment sind es -9 Grad.

We finally finished all our Christmas letters and packages.  I mailed most letters.  Tomorrow, I will mail the packages.  I renewed my driver's license online and discovered that I do not need glasses for driving anymore because my eyes have gotten better (according to my eye-doctor).  Peter took Miriam to get a haircut this morning.  We had to find a new hair salon because our old one is temporary closed.  Miriam was satisfied with the outcome.  Jonathan and Flora did a lot of snow shoveling today.  I am working on my syllabus for my German 103 tutorial, which is starting on Monday.  

Wir haben endlich alle Weihnachtsbrief und Päckchen fertig bekommen.  Heute habe ich die Brief weggeschickt, morgen folgen dann die Päckchen.  Ich habe meinen Führerschein erneuern müssen, aber das ging online.  Dabei hat es sich herausgestellt, daß ich zum Fahren keine Brille mehr brauche, weil  meine Augen (Test bei Augenarzt) besser geworden sind.  Peter hat Miriam zum Friseur gefahren.  Unser normaler Friseur ist im Moment geschlossen und so mußten wir uns einen anderen suchen.  Miriam war mit ihrem Haarschnitt zufrieden.  Jonathan und Flora haben viel Schnee geschaufelt.  Ich arbeite an meinem Lehrplan für mein Deutschseminar für eine Studentin.  Das Seminar fängt am Montag an.  


8 comments:

  1. Happy Birth-Day to you both. Those handmade gifts and treats are so thoughtful and the orange almond cake looks delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, San! He was my smallest baby and ended up in the NICU on his birthday due to digestive issues. Hard to believe that he is 24 years old. Yes, those gifts are made with love.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Eva! And Happy Birthday to Jonathan. 24! How does the time go by?! The meal looks so delicious! Spaghetti is one of my favorites . . and spinach salad . . and the orange almond cake! It's so nice how thoughtful and creative the girls are with their gifts. Jonathan looks very pleased with them and happy. It was a lovely celebration.

    And what a snowy day it was outside! It's such a pretty picture outside your front door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! 24 sounds "old" all of a sudden. It was a lovely day and I think Jonathan felt very loved. We have been getting a lot of snow, but not as much as Buffalo.

      Delete
  3. P.S. My mother's eyes changed just like yours did! She was very happy about that. Good luck with your German Tutorial preparation, It will be nice to see Miriam's haircut. Is it very different? And I look forward to Peter's letter! It's fun hearing about your year. I hope you received your package from us by now. I think it should have reached you by this weekend. I hope I saved the tracking receipt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! My mother's eyes got better with each child (after the birth), but never reached the point where she did not need glasses anymore. I wish the same was true for my reading glasses! I think for that my eyes are getting worse. I am done with the German tutorial preparation, got a classroom, and will start teaching today. Miriam's hair is not really different, just shorter, but still below her shoulder. Today, Veronika and Flora will get a haircut. I thought I had left a comment somewhere that I loved your present and really appreciated your thoughtfulness! It is interesting to note all the different dishes depending on where a pope comes from. Also, the information in between dishes and the pictures are wonderful. It is a perfect gift! Thanks so much!!!!

      Delete
  4. Perhaps I missed it! I'm glad all is good with the present. I couldn't resist because I thought you would enjoy it very much. I thought it was all very interesting also, and the recipes looked tasty :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I might have written it into the Christmas card I stuck into the package to you! I have been writing so many cards and letters that it is possible I got the comments mixed up with the letters. Yes, it is a wonderful book you can come back to many times.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.