Monday, April 6, 2020

Palm Sunday Weekend/Palmsonntagswochenende


Early morning light this morning
Frühes Morgenlicht heute morgen

We joined Cardinal O'Malley in Boston for Mass yesterday morning.  Very sad to have no procession and no palms.

Wir haben Palmsonntag mit Kardinal O'Malley in Boston gestern morgen gefeiert.  Schade, daß es keine Prozession und Palmzweige gab.  

On Friday, Flora made some cucumber flowers for supper and on Saturday morning I made crêpes for breakfast.





Am Freitag hat Flora Gurkenblumen zum Abendessen gemacht und Samstagmorgen habe ich 
Crêpes zum Frühstück gemacht.  



Now I need to get back to German 102. My students have to take an exam today and I hope that there are no problems with doing it on Moodle.  It took forever to enter it into Moodle.  Our homeschool is on Easter break this week.

Und jetzt muß ich mich weiter meinem Deutschseminar widmen.  Die Studenten "schreiben" heute eine Klausur.  Hoffentlich spielt Moodle mit.   Es hat ewig gedauert, bis ich es so auf Moodle hatte, wie ich es haben wollte.  Unser Hausunterricht macht diese Woche Osterferien.    

And here a video my students have to watch today for their daily dose of German on our Moodle forum.  Last time, they had to report in German about what they are reading right now.

Und jetzt noch ein Video, das meine Studenten sich ansehen müssen.  Wir haben ein Forum auf Moodle und dort gibt es jede Seminarstunde etwas zu tun für die Studenten.  Letztes Mal mußten sie auf Deutsch schreiben, welche Bücher sie im Moment lesen.  





4 comments:

  1. I remember how much you do not like Moodle! Flora's cucumber flowers are wonderfully creative and pretty, and your crepes look delicious.

    Such a different Palm Sunday . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Moodle as a "dumping place" for videos I use in class, but to teach? It is quite complicated once you get to know it more in detail. It is almost like leaning how to program when you are on the teacher's side of it.

      Thanks for the compliments! Yes, very sad not to have a procession.

      Delete
  2. Flora's flowers are great! Hope the Moodle went well and that you enjoy a break from teaching over the Easter, you could do with putting your feet up, thinking of you all xx PS thanks for link to Peter's blog off to take a look xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were tricky to make, but looked nice. I am done putting everything onto Moodle, now I just have to grade things, which is a hassle (it is much faster to do that on paper), but at least I don't have to design submission spots for the students anymore.

      I managed to read a book just because I felt like it! I rarely get to do that. I rally liked it. It was called "The Awakening of Miss Prim." I hope you like Peter's thoughts. It is meant for his students, so it is not so much reports of our lives, but more things that tie in with what they are learning.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.