Friday, October 28, 2022

CNN 10 etc.

I did not take any pictures today because I am nursing a sprained foot.  I hit my left foot on one of the dining-room chairs yesterday and it is all bruised and swollen.  I have been taking it easy, but did go onto campus to teach German in my slippers 😊.  All other shoes do not fit.  My students felt very sorry for me.  After class I did my good deed of the day: One of my students had forgotten his jacket and cell phone in the classroom and I tried to find him in our building after class.  He normally goes down a floor and hangs out with some other people from German right after class, but today, he was not there.  So here I am, limping through the hallway trying to find that student and having to fight my way through all the other students rushing upstairs and downstairs because it was the end of class for some and the beginning of a new class for others.  I finally spotted him on the floor below and shouted through all the students to get his attention, waving his jacket high in the air.  He saw me and realized that he had forgotten his things.  He immediately ran upstairs while I limped downstairs and we met in the middle of the stairway with all those other students rushing upstairs and downstairs around us.  He thanked me profusely and was so happy I had found his things (he had not even noticed he had forgotten them).  

Heute habe ich keine Fotos gemacht, weil ich mir den Fuß gestern abend verstaucht habe und ihn im Moment nicht viel belasten will.  Ich habe ihn an einem Eßtischstuhl bös gestoßen und jetzt ist er blau und geschwollen.  Ich habe trotzdem meine Studenten unterrichtet und zwar in Hausschuhen, weil die anderen Schuhe alle nicht passen 😊.  Meine Studenten hatten großes Mitleid!  Nach dem Unterricht habe ich sogar noch eine gute Tat begangen: Einer meiner Studenten hatte seine Jacke und sein Handy im Seminarraum vergessen.  Also bin ich durch unser Gebäude gehumpelt, um ihn zu finden.  Normalerweise ist er nach dem Unterricht eine Etage tiefer, wo er mit anderen Studenten aus dem Deutschkurs zusammensitzt, aber nicht heute.  Also habe ich versucht ihn woanders zu finden, inmitten der vielen Studenten, die gerade eine Veranstaltung verließen oder zu einer neuen gingen.  Schließlich habe ich ihn gesehen und dann laut gerufen und mit seiner Jacke gewunken.  Er hat mich gehört und sofort bemerkt, daß das seine Jacke war.  Wir haben uns dann auf der Treppe getroffen und ich habe ihm die Sachen überreicht.  Er hatte überhaupt nicht bemerkt, daß er sie vergessen hatte und war mir unendlich dankbar.  

So, instead of pictures, I thought you might like to know some of the new resources we are using this school year and which have turned out to be very good.  

CNN 10: Every morning after circle time we watch those student news and they are well done and have a good variety of news.  

The Other Side of History: Daily Life in the Ancient World: Professor Garland is wonderful and highly entertaining.

Teachers Pay Teachers: This site is wonderful for all subjects and many are free.  They are perfect for planning your main lessons.  

Winston Grammar: I know this has been around for many years, but I had never used it.  It is perfect for Flora.

Planet Schule: This is a German site, but it has wonderful videos and worksheets for upper elementary/high school subjects.  

French Skoldo Book 2: I have used books from Skoldo before and Book 2 seems to be perfect for Flora.

Little Latin Readers: Veronika has used them before and now I am using them with Flora and they work well.  I am using the older edition and progress faster than what they suggest, but so far, Flora is doing well.

A History of Us Lapbook: This is something I am using with Flora.  She is able to do it almost all by herself, reading and filling out the lapbook pages, which is a huge step forward for her.

Hauschka Verlag for German: I have used some of their products before, but the booklets Rechtschreibung 4, Grammatik 4, and Aufsatz 4 are perfect for Flora's work this year.

Also habe ich hier für heute mal eine 2022 "Hit-Liste" gemacht, die Lernmaterialien enthält, die wir dieses Jahr benutzen und die zum Teil neu für uns sind oder für ein Mädchen neu sind.  Die meisten sind auf Englisch, aber es gibt auch zwei deutsche Angaben darunter:

Planet Schule: Videos und Arbeitsblätter für Veronika

Hauschka Verlag: Rechtschreibung 4Grammatik 4 und Aufsatz 4: Diese Hefte sind perfekt für Flora.



8 comments:

  1. Hoffentlich geht es Deinem Fuß schnell wieder besser. Ich drücke die Daumen. Liebe Grüße, Dein Schwester ein. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, danke für die Genesungswünsche! Er hat eine sehr interessante Färbung und heute habe ich ihn für die Kirche in meinen weitesten Schuh und keinen Hausschuh bekommen. Aber nach der Kirche habe ich ihn dann gleich wieder hochgelegt und heute abend in Bittersalz (wird hier sehr für viele Dinge benutzt) gebadet. Dazu schmiere ich viele verschiedene Salben gegen Verstauchungen/Prellungen drauf und nehme Ibuprofen. So wird das hoffentlich bald besser werden. Mehr kann man eh nicht tun. Lustigerweise ist Veronika auch zweimal gegen den gleichen Stuhl gebumst, aber ohne sich zu verletzen. Jetzt haben wir ihn etwas zur Seite bewegt. Leider konnte ich am Wochenende so nicht putzen, was dann immer nervig ist. Bügeln ist auch ausgefallen. Mal sehen, wann wir das dann tun.

      Delete
  2. You were so good to bring your student his things . . and how funny that he hadn't noticed, but not surprising :) I hope your foot heals quickly. I've done a similar thing by stubbing my toes on the vacuum cleaner (at different times). I had to hobble around also for a couple of days.

    It's always interesting to see your resources and I'm always impressed with the information you gather and the fun books and websites you find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He thanked me again yesterday when I reminded him not to forget his jacket again because he was about to do so :). No, it is not surprising at all that they forget things. The foot is slowly making progress, now it is more muted in its colors and not so bright anymore. The swelling has also gone done. I think I insured all toes, except the large one. Very strange. I have sprained ankles before, but not hurt my toes like this.

      We have found some good things, even after so many years of homeschooling. There is always something new.

      Delete
  3. Liebe Eva, wie geht es Deinem Fuß jetzt? Ist es besser geworden? Ich hoffe es zumindest für Dich. Die Planet Schule Seite nutzen wir auch die finde ich auch gut da haben wir einige Videos zu den Germanen und Wikingern gefunden und ich glaube auf der ARD findet man Schulvideos zu den Planet Schule Themen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besser, doch es ist noch nicht ganz weg. Aber er ist nicht mehr verfärbt und er paßt wieder gut in den Schuh, aber ganz lange gehen klappt noch nicht so gut. Ja, das stimmt, manche Filme von Planet Schule findet man bei dem ARD, auch wenn sie bei Planet Schule nicht mehr da sind.

      Delete
    2. Ich wünsche Dir schnelle Besserung für Deinen Fuß und dass Du bald wieder ganz normale Bewegungsfreiheit im Gelenk hast!

      Delete
    3. Das Gelenk ist in Ordnung, aber alle Zehen waren sehr beeinträchtigt! Jetzt muckt nur noch der kleine Zeh.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.