Saturday, September 17, 2022

Big Weekend Projects and Houston/Große Wochenendsprojekte und Houston

We always do chores on Saturdays and as time allows, I fit in some bigger projects.  This Saturday, I cleaned out the fridge.

Samstags machen wir immer einen Putztag und wenn noch Zeit ist, machen wir noch extra Projekte.  Diesen Samstag habe ich den Kühlschrank geputzt.







All empty and clean!
Ganz leer und sauber!

All back in its place
Alles wieder am richtigen Platz

Lunch was a casserole made from leftovers.
Mittagessen war ein Resteauflauf.

Second project: Cleaning our bench because we have to re-stain it.
Zweites Projekt: Wir putzen die Bank gründlich, weil wir sie neu beizen müssen.



It needs to dry, we have to fill in cracks, and then we will re-stain it.
Sie muß jetzt trocknen, dann müssen wir Risse mit Kitt füllen und sie danach neu beizen.

While we were working hard, Peter walked around hot, humid Houston, trying to find the "museum district."  It was very complicated, but he did find a Czech museum.

Während wir fleißig waren, ist Peter in Houston rumgelaufen und hat das Museumsviertel gesucht, das fast unauffindbar war.  Schließlich hat er aber ein tschechisches Museum gefunden.





Beautiful craftsmanship
Schönes Kunsthandwerk






9 comments:

  1. I always love reading about your chores and baking days. You will all be missing Peter, hope he is soon home xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks! Unfortunately, there is always more that needs to be done than time I have to accomplish it. Upstairs is a mess: I have not been able to clean up after Miriam got all her things together to go to college! Oh, yes, I am missing Peter, especially because I had a bad cold and Flora did too. Peter was home for less than 24 hours and left again for Germany! He is attending another conference. And now the car is having problems: The "check engine" light went on and I am supposed to drive to ballet tomorrow! I guess I have to drive to the garage first thing tomorrow morning before I can even think about ballet.

      Delete
  2. sending hugs about the car we have an intermittent fault and our car is booked in for a check on the 6th October. Yes housework is never ending! I hope you and Flora are soon feeling better, I always find the change in seasons cause a drop in my health and a susceptibility to colds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diagnosis: Small exhaust leak, but I can keep driving for now. I started to feel better on Sunday and Flora is feeling much better as of today. Veronika did not get it, but Peter has it now! I sent him to a German pharmacy to buy some natural remedies.

      Delete
    2. So true about the change of seasons and getting a cold!

      Delete
  3. Ich mache auch jeden Tag ein bisschen im Haushalt das geht besser als einmal einen ganzen Berg vor sich zu haben. Die Bank sieht gut aus so frisch geölt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, große Projekte macht man besser separat. Die Bank sieht gut aus, doch leider ist sie noch nicht trocken.

      Delete
  4. We're taking our car in to be checked next week. Our check engine light sometimes goes on for no reason . . the mechanic will look at it and not find anything wrong, and then he resets the light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When ours went on, I took it to our regular mechanic and he said that there is a small emissions leak. He turned it off, but he said it needs to be inspected. He cannot inspect it because you need a special fog machine, which he does not have. Peter is taking the car to the dealer tomorrow. We also have a warning light for the ABS system going on and something with the tire pressure. I hope that your car will have no major problems.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.