Friday, May 13, 2022

Water/Wasser

Official picture
Offizielles Foto

Yesterday, the girls and I went to the local public pool.  You are not allowed to take pictures, but the pool has lots to offer.  The girls especially like the outdoor part:

Gestern war ich mit den Mädchen im Schwimmbad.  Man darf nicht fotografieren, aber das Schwimmbad hat viel zu bieten.  Die Mädchen mögen besonders die Angebote, die draußen sind:

Official picture
Offizielles Foto

The favorite thing here is a "current canal" that pulls you along.  
Der Strömungskanal (Strudel) ist für sie der Höhepunkt.

In the afternoon, we visited my mother.
Am Nachmittag waren wir dann bei meiner Mutter.

And today, we traveled to the North Sea in Sahlenburg.
Und heute waren wir an der Nordsee in Sahlenburg.

Train to Bremerhaven: We made the same trip in 2013.  You can see my pictures from then here.
Zug nach Bremerhaven: 2013 waren wir schon mal hier.  Man kann die Fotos davon hier sehen.







Train to Cuxhaven
Zug nach Cuxhaven



The Wadden Sea (Intertidal zone)
Das Watttenmeer

Neuwerk in the distance: It is an island you can walk to when there is a low tide.
Neuwerk























Black-headed Gull
Lachmöwe













You can also take these wagons to Neuwerk.
Man kann auch mit der Kutsche nach Neuwerk fahren.



Large cargo ships
Große Frachter

Wattenmeer Besucherzentrum
Wadden Sea Visitor Center

View from the center
Blick vom Zentrum

Inside the center
Im Zentrum













Back to Cuxhaven
Wieder nach Cuxhaven

Flora found a German word search book.
Flora hat ein deutsches Suchspielheft gefunden.



A table on the train just for children
Ein Tisch im Zug, der nur für Kinder war.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Eva, it's wonderful to see the Nordsee. I remember you making the trip in 2013. Do you go to Sahlenburg because it's where you went as a child? You must have been happy to be there again, though perhaps all of you missed Jonathan and Charlotte a little . . Such pretty photos and movies . . it seemed a bit windy! And the black headed gull is a handsome fellow :)

    Also, the public pool looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going there! No, I never went there as a child because I grew up in the "Siegerland," which is not in the north. We moved to the north when I was 14. And we never went to Sahlenburg as a family. I discovered it on my own in 2013 (I was looking for a place at the coast that was in reach of train and bus). Yes, it would have been nicer with Jonathan and Charlotte. It was very windy and the wind hurt my ears. I wish I could have captured the "mournful" cries of the gull better, but the wind was too loud. He landed right in front of me and "mourned." The pools is wonderful! I had some of my P.E. classes there when I was in high school.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.