Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Amadeus Café


My dear friend Lois, whom I met in 1986 when attending a Canadian high school in British Columbia where she was a substitute teacher, treated us to an authentic German dinner at the Amadeus Café after our visit to Fort Henry last Wednesday.  Here are a few pictures.


Meine Freundin Lois, die Vertretungsunterricht in meiner kanadischen High School in British Columbia gegeben hat und die ich dort 1986 kennengelernt habe, hat uns nach unserem Besuch bei Fort Henry in ein deutsches Restaurant zum Abendessen eingeladen.





 Reading Canadian news in the evening.
Abendlektüre der kanadischen Nachrichten.








4 comments:

  1. Love the photos of everyone relaxed and chilling 😀 Good to see you in a photo for a change! Hope the last week or so before college teaching is not too stressful, praying for you dear friend!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very hot that night, in spite of the rain/storm. So just sitting and not moving much was all we could do. Well, I am not much in photos because I am the only one taking family photos. Peter hardly ever takes photos (he does not enjoy it) and all children take different things than I take. I don't even know who took my camera and took the picture with me, probably Miriam.

      Well this week is already quite stressful because we have somebody look at the fridge again (today), then we have the contractor here a lot (he will start with the bathroom remodeling next Monday) and Jonathan needs to pack up and leave on Saturday. I went through the last but one stack of his papers with him yesterday. We will go through the last stack today, then wash his bedding and clothes and look at what he still needs to leave. Peter will drive down with him.

      Delete
  2. Love these photos! THe food looks incredibly delicious. Did you trim Flora's hair? Good luck with all the house repairs. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flora had her hair cut about a month ago. She has so much hair and it was too hot for her. I still have to pick out a faucet, towel rack, door, etc. Too much to think about!

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.