Monday, September 18, 2023

Woodpecker and Baseball/Specht und Baseball

This woodpecker thinks that our railing is a tree.  He comes every morning and hammers away.
Dieser Specht denkt, daß unser Geländer ein Baum ist.  Jeden Morgen kommt er vorbei und hämmert drauf los.

Then he gets some sunflower seeds.
Dann holt er sich Sonnenblumensamen.



Charlotte baked an apple pie with local apples for Sunday.
Charlotte hat diesen Apfelkuchen mit Äpfeln aus einem Garten gebacken.

It was very good.
Sehr lecker!

Flora and Charlotte played some catch.
Flora und Charlotte haben "Baseball Fangen" geübt.








Today was Constitution Day.  Peter organized a lecture with a speaker online and I listened to it.  It was quite interesting.

Heute war Verfassungstag.  Peter hat einen Vortrag dazu online organisiert und ich habe zugehört.  Das war sehr interessant.


I had a review class with my German students today (we are doing our first exam on Wednesday).  For parts of the class I used Nicos Weg, a great program to learn and review some German.

Heute hatten wir eine Wiederholungsstunde im Deutschunterricht bei meinen Studenten (am Mittwoch gibt es eine Klausur).  Für einen Teil des Unterrichts habe ich den Anfang von Nicos Weg benutzt.  Meine Studenten mochten es.


2 comments:

  1. I love Nicos Weg. I'm glad you posted it. I've been doing Babbel off and on and am trying to be more diligent. Nicos Weg will be a nice supplement.
    Your front window looks pretty with the teardrop glass ornaments, and Charlotte's pie is making me hungry and helping me to feel a little motivated to bake.
    It looks like a nice day for playing ball, and sweaters are even needed! We've been having cooler weather here also. I need to clean out my drawers and locate my warmer clothes. The other night when Greg and I were out, I complained because my feet were cold . . I was still wearing sandals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is a cute story and "clean." Some of those DW things are too "modern" and would not work at our Christian college. It also comes with those questions and answers you can do to check your understanding. I am not doing those with the students, but for a single students those exercises would be perfect! Good luck with it.
      They had fun playing and it was a bit chilly. The nights get quite cool now. Ha, ha, no wonder your feet were cold :). I have not switched to different shoes, either. Just once for teaching I used my Mary Jane shoes.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.