Friday, September 22, 2023

Last Day of Summer/Letzter Sommertag

It was a chilly last day of summer, but the girls thought we should eat outside!
Es war ein kühler letzter Sommertag, aber die Mädchen wollten noch einmal draußen essen!



The leaves are turning.
Herbstlaub

Falling leaves
Die Blätter fallen.

And we finished our last popsicles.
Und mein letztes selbstgemachtes Leckeis ist jetzt auch alle.


I swept the garage because next week the furnace people will come and exchange the filter.  I also removed dead lilac branches for my Friday yard work.

Ich habe die Garage gefegt, weil nächste Woche die Heizungsinstalleure den Filter wechseln (die Heizung ist in der Garage).  Ich habe auch tote Äste von den Fliederbüschen entfernt.  Das war für meine regelmäßige Arbeit im Garten, die ich oft freitags mache.


4 comments:

  1. Brr looking at those ice lollies makes me feel cold 🥶. Definitely autumn over here, we even lit the fire last night as I couldn’t get warm. Hope your Saturday is going well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was still pleasant enough to eat the ice cream, but the nights are getting colder. Peter is still in Michigan and he said it got too hot there to go for a walk in the afternoon :). The heat sometimes goes on in the mornings here because the nights are colder.

      Delete
  2. A perfect ending for the summer :) My sister said she put the heat on yesterday. We haven't had to do so yet. I need to clean out my drawers. I have too many old clothes I don't wear anymore and I need to have my warmer clothes be more accessible!
    It was a wonderful idea to eat outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Kathy and we must have similar temperatures. Oh, I also have too many things I am not wearing anymore, but whenever I think about giving something away, I wonder if one of the girls might want it eventually. But cleaning out Peter's closet and mine (I am sharing it with Flora), has been on my to-do list for a while now.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.