Thursday, March 9, 2023

Amish Store/Amischladen


This afternoon, we visited the Amish store to buy bulk food.  They carry so many neat items!

Heute nachmittag waren wir im Amischladen, um einige Lebensmittel einzukaufen.  Es gibt in dem Laden immer viel zu entdecken!





Their prayers are in high German and the one on the top right here is a prayer, my mother taught me when I was little and I have taught it to my children.  💓

Die Amische beten auf Hochdeutsch.  Rechts oben ist ein Gebet, das mir meine Mutter beigebracht hat und welches ich wiederum meinen Kindern beigebracht habe.  💗


Driving back home
Wir fahren wieder nach Hause.





Charlotte took the pictures while I was driving.
Charlotte hat fotografiert, während ich gefahren bin.







This was an Amish boy driving a tiny horse and buggy.
Hier ist ein Amischjunge, der ein kleine Kutsche und ein kleines Pferd hatte.

Here is my calendar chalkboard for March.
Hier ist meine Kalendertafel für März.

And this wonderful picture book (paid link) was one of our most recent read-alouds.
Und dieses schöne Bilderbuch über den Schriftsteller E. B. White habe ich neulich vorgelesen.

6 comments:

  1. You had a beautiful day for driving to the store and how lovely that you found the special prayer that is said in your family. The girls art work looks really lovely and cheerful xx As for the garlic no great improvements thus far! I’ll keep up with it though as it could take a while to settle things down and I’m glad you found a Foyle’s war link that worked, I clean forgot about copyright issues xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a nice day and we had a nice chat with the Amish young woman, who was working at the cash register. She was intrigued that our German is similar to her Amish dialect and that we can pronounce letters the "English" cannot. Too bad that the garlic is not helping. Did you see my note about hawthorn? I never quite get those copyright issues and blocked videos. Sometimes you can see videos from other countries and sometimes you cannot.

      Delete
  2. Hi Eva, yes I did see your comment about hawthorn but the herbalist suggested trialling garlic first as it’s a blood thinner and I have been having weird bruises on my legs due to micro clots ‘bursting’ the GP thinks this is also likely - covid the gift that keeps on giving 🤪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bursting micro clots do not sound good. Anyway, I do hope it will all improve.

      Delete
  3. I like your calendar chalkboard and Charlotte's photos are pretty. I would love that Amish store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps us to remember saints and important people of the month. The Amish store is very wonderful and we like to buy certain things there, especially now with the expensive groceries.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.