Monday, February 20, 2023

Ansel Adams

Today is the birthday of Ansel Adams.  We have two wonderful books about him.  The first book describes primarily his childhood and the second book is more about the documentation about the Japanese American incarceration and Ansel Adam's photographs.  In 2016, we saw some of these photographs in an exhibition in Andover.

Heute hat Ansel Adams Geburtstag.  Wir haben zwei schöne Bücher über ihn.  Das erste beschreibt vor allen Dingen seine Kindheit und das zweite widmet sich der Internierung japanischstämmiger Amerikaner, die Ansel Adams fotgrafiert und damit dokumentiert hat.  2016 haben wir einige dieser Fotos in Andover in einer Ausstellung gesehen.

Paid link

Paid link

Today was the last day of the bird count and we submitted all birds we have counted.  I had a fun German class today: We are learning about shopping in Germany.  We also played a matching game with words of animals that live underwater and my students are memorizing the Our Father in German right now.  Each class we end by reciting the prayer out loud.  Last unit we always sang the German national anthem.  

Heute war der letzte Tag des Vogelzählens und wir haben alle gezählten Vögel eingegeben.  In meinem Deutschseminar haben wir heute das Thema "Einkaufen in Deutschland" behandelt.  Wir haben auch ein Spiel gespielt, wobei die Studenten Unterwassertiere finden mußten (die Wörter, nicht die Tiere selbst).  Am Ende haben wir dann das Vaterunser gebetet.  Für jede Klausur müssen meine Studenten etwas auswendig lernen.  Für die letzte Klausur war es das Deutschlandlied, das wir dann jede Stunde gesungen haben, jetzt beten wir immer das Vaterunser zusammen.  


4 comments:

  1. Your German class sounds like fun, Eva, and Ansel Adams is one of my favorite artists. He creates such beautiful photos. I had trouble for awhile signing into Google, but Greg finally helped me figure things out. I'm away for the weekend but then hope to put up some posts! I hope you had a nice birthday :) I've missed reading your blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dorina. Have a good weekend in CT. I just sent you an e-mail. I think I left an e-mail on one of your recent posts. Yes, Ansel Adams did a lot of marvelous work.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just submitted a comment but for some reason didn't see the note of assurance. So, I hope it went through!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.