Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Kittens and Crafts/Kätzchen und Basteleien

The SPCA had kittens at the library today.
In der Bücherei gab es heute Kätzchen aus dem Tierheim.

The girls did some painting and crafting this afternoon.
Heute nachmittag haben die Mädchen gemalt und gebastelt.

Miriam did her eldercare job tonight.  Tomorrow she has to go to get her yearly physical for the job.  Hopefully it won't take as long as last year.

Miriam hat heute abend für die alte Dame im Ort gearbeitet.  Morgen muß sie die ärztliche Untersuchung für diesen Job machen lassen.  Sie muß das jedes Jahr machen.  Letztes Mal hat das alles ewig gedauert, obwohl der Arzt sie nur ein paar Minuten gesehen hat.  

Jonathan has to move out of his dorm in a few days and is packing right now.  He is almost done with his summer job.  Peter will pick him up.  

Jonathan muß in ein paar Tagen aus seinem Studentenwohnheim ausziehen.  Er packt gerade und Peter holt ihn bald ab.  Sein Sommerjob ist dann zu Ende.

I signed my new contract for the next semester and have to start working on my syllabus.  I also need to get those IHIPs typed.  I also ordered many of the books for Miriam's next semester.

Ich habe meinen Vertrag für das nächste Semester unterschrieben und muß jetzt meinen Lehrplan schreiben.  Ich muß auch die Unterlagen an die Schulbehörde schicken, damit sie wissen, was meine beiden Mädchen lernen sollen.  Viele der neuen Bücher für Miriams nächstes Semester habe ich auch bestellt.



4 comments:

  1. Da ist ja eine Menge los bei euch. Süß, dass ihr die Kätzchen sehen konntet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another school year to prepare for! The days go by too swiftly . . I wish Peter, Flora and Jonathan a nice trip home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes I wonder how I was able to type five IHIPs and a syllabus for the college! It seems such a chore now, but maybe I have become more selective about what I am doing. They made it home with some problems (Peter could not get to Jonathan's dorm for a long time because all the streets were one-way streets and he did not know how to reach Jonathan's building. He finally had Flora call Jonathan to give them precise directions). They loaded the car fine and managed to get through the traffic with just a few delays. I know I would not be able to drive in traffic like that! They came home around 10:00 p.m.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.