Friday, November 16, 2018

Snow Fun/Spaß im Schnee


Here we are, we got Peter and his students safely onto the bus to go to Toronto to fly to Vienna.  Not so easy, with all the snow we have been getting.  Our windshield wipers broke in the snow and our neighbor Don could not fix them last night.  So another nice gentleman and today's driver for Peter and the students, Paul, will bring back windshield wipers for me and install them tomorrow morning.  What a service!  And we do need them because there is another ballet rehearsal tomorrow.  Yesterday's got cancelled because of ice and snow on the roads.

First snow man this fall
Erster Schneemann in diesem Herbst

Geschafft!  Peter und seine Studenten sind alle im Bus gelandet, der sie zum Flughafen nach Toronto bringt.  Von da aus fliegen sie nach Wien.  Das war nicht so einfach, weil es zur Zeit sehr viel schneit.  Unsere Scheibenwischer sind kaputt gegangen und unser Nachbar Don konnte sie gestern nicht reparieren.  Jetzt bringt mir Paul, der Fahrer für die Studenten und Peter, von unterwegs neue Scheibenwischer mit und wird sie morgen am Auto befestigen.  Ich habe es schon gut!  Wir brauchen sie auch morgen, weil ich wieder zur Nußknackerprobe fahren muß.  Die letzte ist wegen Schnee und Eis abgesagt worden.   



4 comments:

  1. I can't believe all the snow you've had! I hope the new windshield wipers work well for you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already tired of all this snow. We still need to trim bushes and rake leaves! How is that supposed to happen? Today, we have a 100% chance of snow and tomorrow an arctic cold front is coming through. Jonathan is driving back today. He won't be home until 10:00 p.m. I so hope he will make it safely across the Allegheny Mountains! His car is just little and not so well suited for driving in the mountains and the snow.

      Delete
  2. I remember putt putting along the California hills on highway 101 in my little Toyota Corolla: "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can." I hope he made it!

    We never finished having an Autumn! The wet snow we had last week was not good for our trees. We lost too many branches, and they still haven't all been cleared from the curbs. It's sad seeing them piled up along each block. We lose more trees and branches through this kind of freak storm than during a hurricane! I have to laugh though: it's only November 21st and you're already tired of the snow! Winter hasn't even arrived. All I can do is cover my face and shake my head. It's good you are going away in January! I hope you are going to milder weather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did make it! I was about to go to bed because it was getting so late, but then he arrived!

      I guess people don't feel like doing fall gardening work when snow is falling? I hope they get those branches off the sideways.

      Maybe it will snow in London! It did last time we went.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.