Saturday, May 19, 2018

First Confession/Erste Beichte


This afternoon, Flora made her first confession.  Father D. said she did a marvelous job and was well prepared.  We used a lot of materials from CHC's preparation guide.  I have been using these materials with all children, but this time I used the new edition and have been well pleased with it.  This is the "Act of Contrition" she memorized:

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You.  I detest all my sins because of Your just punishments, but most of all because they offend You, my God, Who are all good and deserving of all my love.  I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life.  Amen.  

Heute nachmittag hatte Flora ihre erste Beichte.  Pfarrer D. hat uns versichert, daß sie sehr gut vorbereitet war.  Sie konnte ihr Reuegebet sehr gut auswendig, was auf Englisch viel länger und komplizierter ist, als es auf Deutsch üblich ist.   

 After her confession in front of the confessional.
Nach der Beichte vor dem Beichtstuhl.

And there was an Amish carriage in front of the church.
Und vor der Kirche fuhr eine Amischkutsche.



2 comments:

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.