Miriam and I visited the Lavender Festival in Angelica today.
Miriam und ich waren heute beim Lavendelfest in Angelica.
It was quite crowded.
Es war sehr voll.
Peter and Flora drove through Indiana and Illinois to Missouri. Here are a few pictures they took.
Peter und Flora sind durch Indiana und Illinois nach Missouri gefahren. Hier sind ein paar Fotos, die sie gemacht haben.
Illinois
Peter and Flora reached Hannibal, Missouri, this evening. I visited there with a friend in 1993!
Peter und Flora sind heute abend in Hannibal in Missouri angekommen. Ich war 1993 mit einer Freundin dort!
The mighty Missisiipi
Der gewaltige Mississippi
Sunset
Sonnenuntergang















Hope your finger is healing and I don’t envy you with your heat, I saw the records on BBC news as some places cancelled yesterday’s celebrations due to extreme weather. Sending hugs xx
ReplyDeleteThe finger is doing so much better. I don't need the antibiotics anymore. I will have a check-up in a few days. Yes, it has been very hot, but today was better. Miriam read that the steam engine "Big Boy" is in Philidelphia now. People lining up there to see it got so hot that over 100 had to be treated due to heatstroke!
DeleteWow! A hundred people had heat stroke! We've had the AC on much more than ever before. As we get older, we find it more difficult to adjust! :P I say that I put it on for the cats ha ha. Chanda is happy to have it on. She doesn't like the hot weather at all. This sounds like a very nice festival, Eva. The sunflower photo is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteIt sounded pretty bad. When it gets so hot, I wish we had some AC . . . My parents were having a hard time in Germany during the week it was so hot. People do not even own fans. Leo hates the heat; he always comes and lies down in front of the fan. He does not mind the cold so much. We always call him our Arctic cat. We really enjoy the Lavendar Festival. Some years there are more people there during other years. This year, it was quite crowded, but almost no produce. I do think the harsh winter has delayed the growing season. Flora took the sunflower picture in Indiana.
DeleteThe sunflowers are all in bloom here now. Yes, I've begun using our heat pump more. Chanda and Leo are the same. Morgana and Harley had a little AC unit for awhile, but then it broke. Fans are a must! I hope it has cooled off a little for you . . and I hope it's a good growing season for your local farms!
ReplyDeleteWow, ours are not. I wish we had some other device to cool down but the fans. Today is really hot again, and now there is the smoke from the wildfires. I think the farms are finally getting some good results growing things. Everthing is ripening much later, though.
DeleteGood to hear about the farms. Our day here was similar: hot and smokey! My throat was sore.
ReplyDeleteMiriam was sneezing all day long, it is shocking that smoke can travel that far.
Delete