Monday, July 19, 2021

Monday/Montag


Flora finished this coloring page this afternoon, I think it is very pretty.  She started a new art class today, this time she is learning to draw figures.  Peter is on his way home right now, his plane is almost 4 hours late and he will be back in the middle of the night!  Charlotte is preparing to teach a ballet class tomorrow, no news from Miriam, Jonathan spent a lovely evening with Peter's cousin and family in Virginia, and Veronika called with Google hangouts (video) and told me all about their hike up to Mount Kearsarge.   Tonight, she had a fancy dinner with the college's president.  She has not been able to send me more pictures, but here are the ones Miriam took of that same mountain two years ago.  

Flora hat dieses Bild heute nachmittag angemalt.  Ich finde es sehr hübsch.  Sie hat diese Woche eine neue Kunstklasse angefangen.  Jetzt zeichnet sie Figuren.  Peter ist auf dem Heimflug, aber sein Flugzeug hat fast vier Stunden Verspätung.  Er wird erst mitten in der Nacht ankommen.  Charlotte unterrichtet morgen Ballett, keine Neuigkeiten von Miriam, Jonathan hat sich mit Peters Vetter und dessen Familie in Virginia getroffen und Veronika hat mir heute nachmittag von einer Wanderung auf den Berg Kearsarge mit Google Hangouts (Video) erzählt.  So konnte ich sie auch sehen.  Sie hat bisher keine weiteren Fotos schicken können, aber hier sind die Fotos, die Miriam vor zwei Jahren von dem Berg gemacht hat.  Heute abend hatte Veronika ein schickes Abendessen mit dem Collegepräsidenten.    




4 comments:

  1. Very pretty coloring by Flora . . yes, it's so good that Veronika has this opportunity also. It sounds like she is enjoying it :) I hope Angie is okay and that her garden and home survived the flooding. What a terrible thing to go through. I'm glad your family is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorina. Today, she started on a dog. I was actually surprised that Veronika went. She is kind of shy with new people and she is also still quite young (just 15). But, she suggested that she should try it. I am not sure about her garden yet. They put so much effort and love into it! I also don't know what my uncle's garden looks like. I keep watching the German news. Today, I heard a doctor talk, who is treating physically injured people. He said that there are many patients with cuts, bruises, larger wounds, etc., but also many people, who have nightmares because they almost drowned and cannot forget that experience. Another problem is the spread of Covid now because you cannot social-distance in a situation like this.

      Delete
    2. Drowning is very frightening, and that's true about social distancing. I hope they can still wear their masks, though I know it's not always easy keeping them on.

      Delete
    3. Yes, it must be awful. I have not seen many masks in the news, so I am not sure how many masks are getting worn.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.