Thursday, August 29, 2019

Office Clean-up/Aufräumen meines Büros

View out of my window in my new office
Blick aus dem Fenster meines neuen Büros

Right after we had gotten back from London, many faculty members in our building had to move offices because of major renovation projects.  I had to move my office from the second floor to the third floor and am very close to Peter's office now.  💗  He only had to move offices on his floor.  However, I had not really put all my things in order until now.  Here you can see the clean-up results.  I guess I am ready to start teaching on Monday.

I put up some posters I got from the AATG (I have been a member there for ages.)
Ich habe ein paar Poster aufgehängt, die mir die Amerikanische Vereinigung von Deutschlehrern geschickt hat.  Dort bin ich schon ewig Mitglied.  

Gleich nach unserer Rückkehr aus London mußten viele Fakultätsmitglieder in unserem Gebäude in ein anderes Büro ziehen, weil die ganze untere Etage renoviert werden sollte.  So mußte ich vom ersten Stock in den zweiten ziehen und habe mein Büro jetzt in der Nähe von Peters Büro 💗, der nur innerhalb seines Flures umziehen mußte.  Bisher hatte ich aber noch nicht wirklich Ordung in meinem Büro geschaffen, doch das habe ich jetzt nachgeholt.  Das Resultat läßt sich sehen und ich kann wohl am Montag mit gutem Gewissen wieder unterrichten.    







My office door: There is  a space left for the door schedule, which I still have to put up.
Meine Bürotür: In der Mitte ist Platz für meinen Stundenplan, den alle Professoren aufhängen müssen.  

Office at night after all the work was done.
Büro am Abend, nachdem ich mit Einrichten fertig war.  

And at home, I washed all the old ballet costumes.  They had been hanging in a closet, but we need the closet space and so the costumes will be stored in an empty suitcase.

Und zu Hause habe ich alle Ballettkostüme gewaschen.  Bisher haben sie in einem Schrank gehangen, aber ich brauche den Platz und deshalb kommen sie jetzt alle in einen leeren Koffer. 

Second day of washing
Zweiter Tag mit gewaschenen Kostümen


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful view! As always, I love the excursion your blog takes us on through your warm and sweet homeschool home. That apple cake looks delicious! Have a good new school year. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Angela. It is my grandmother's recipe. Thanks so much for your good wishes! Will you be doing more translation work now?

      Delete
  2. I love your photo of the ballet costumes and all the postcards on your office door,and your German poster is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dorina. I tried to give it a German flair.

      Delete
  3. P.S. That is also a beautiful view outside your office window . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the best views you can get in our building. I am very lucky.

      Delete
  4. Das ist ja eine Wahnsinnsaussicht die Du aus Deinem Büro hast, sieht ganz ganz schön aus.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.