Thursday, April 18, 2024

Skunk Cabbage/Stinkkohl

Skunk cabbage
Stinkkohl

I walked to campus today to listen to Peter's faculty lecture "A Christian Approach to Diversity: Learning from St. Augustine."  On my way, I found the first skunk cabbage of spring.  I adore the wonderful green of this plant.  And yes, Peter gave a wonderful lecture.

Heute bin ich zum College gegangen, weil Peter einen Vortrag gehalten hat, den ich gerne hören wollte ("Ein christlicher Denkansatz zum Konzept der Diversität: Was wir vom heiligen Augustinus lernen können" war der Titel des Vortrags.)  Auf meinem Weg habe ich den ersten Stinkkohl des Jahres entdeckt.  Für mich hat diese Pflanze das schönste Frühlingsgrün.

Veronika arrived safely and is enjoying Miriam and the company of her friends.

Veronika ist heile bei Miriam angekommen und genießt ihre Zeit mit ihrer Schwester und Miriams Kommilitonen.  



3 comments:

  1. Kudos to Peter :) My sister likes skunk cabbage too . . I am not so enamored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good talk! I think skunk cabbage is a fascinating plant, a very complicated one, when you read about it. And I simply love the fresh green color.

      Delete
    2. :) Perhaps I need to read more about it.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.