Monday, April 15, 2024

Sunday/Sonntag


I made a green bean salad for a potluck in church after Mass.  I also had taken along a present for one of my godchildren: a book to make paper airplanes with the paper provided.  It was a big hit.  While we were waiting for Father to say the blessing before dinner (he was still in the church, hearing confessions), my godson, his brother, mother, and some men from the parish were making paper airplanes 😅.

Zum Mittagessen in der Kirche habe ich diesen Salat aus grünen Bohnen gemacht.  Das Essen gab es nach der Messe.  Wir mußten noch auf unseren Pfarrer warten, weil mehrere Leute nach der Messe bei ihm beichten wollten und er in der Kirche war.  Unser Pfarrer spricht immer das Tischgebet, bevor wir anfangen.  Während der Wartezeit haben mein Patensohn, sein Bruder, seine Mutter und einige Männer aus der Gemeinde mit einem Geschenk gespielt, das ich meinem Patensohn zum Geburtstag mitgebracht hatte: Ein Buch, das zum Basteln von Papierflugzeugen einlädt und das auch Papier dafür beinhaltet.  Es war anscheinend ein großer Erfolg 😅.

Flora was picking "flowers" outside (they were twigs and branches).
Flora pflückt draußen "Blumen" (eher Zweige und Äste).

After the most recent thunderstorm, the puddles were very inviting.
Nach dem letzten Gewitter waren die Pfützen sehr einladend.

Charlotte's apple cake for teatime
Charlottes Apfelkuchen zum Kaffeetrinken

Peter taught a Redeeming Babel class after church.  Jonathan had an interfellowship worship night with dinner this weekend, and Miriam has found some coltsfoot!

Peter hat heute nach der Kirche und dem Essen ein Seminar von Redeeming Babel beim College unterrichtet.  Jonathan hatte ein Essen und eine Andacht mit anderen christlichen Gruppen auf dem Campus (schon am Freitag) und Miriam hat Huflattich gefunden!




6 comments:

  1. Catching up again 🩷. Dress and no shoes weather yes please! We’ve had rain, rain, wind and more rain 🙄. Charlotte’s Sunday tea apple cake looks very inviting, now I have the urge to bake 🙂. Leo is both cute and hilarious in equal measure 😻. Did I tell you that your lovely Easter card arrived last week? Sorry if I was remiss in doing so, my brain is terrible these days 🤪. Your Eclipse photos are just brill, we didn’t see a jot due to the weather, ah well. Well Happy Monday to you as you begin another productive week. Pip is back with InterHigh after the Easter break - she is not impressed 😂. We have had to reduce her subjects and drop Spanish as she is struggling greatly with the workload, so now it’s just English, Maths and Geography. Once she hopefully gets these under her belt she could maybe look at adding art into the mix if we can find a local college. I reckon she would have had a breakdown if she had to follow a full nine GCSE course - the system is rigged against kids like her and Ben 🙁. Well enough moaning from me, better get on and start the day - Jesus Go Before Me 😂🩷🩷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the rare exception! Right now there is a thunderstorm and later it is supposed to hail. Have baked anything? Leo is just one crazy cat! Yes, you have told me about the card and I am so glad it got there. I had no idea the eclipse was going to reach England! I am sorry to hear about Pip's struggles! I do agree that the British system is not very good for children that learn differently. I am very thankful for the American system, which gives you more freedom. I miss your blog entries! I hope your health is not too compromised. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Hello Eva, the salad and apple cake look delicious and it sounds like a very nice day at church. You've had some warm weather and the pretty yellow flowers are an indication of so much more to come I'm sure! Would you share your green bean salad ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks so much! There were many people at the potluck. I think we had one nice spring day. Now there is a thunder storm and it is supposed to hail. I will e-mail you the recipe.

      Delete
  3. Der Salat sieht lecker aus. Ich liebe Bohnen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! Grüne Bohnen sind hier sehr beliebt. Ich benutze sie oft.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.