Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween


It was cold yesterday and snowed for the first time, but the girls did manage to carve four pumpkins!

Gestern war es kalt und hat zum ersten Mal geschneit, aber dennoch haben die Mädchen es geschafft, vier Kürbisse zu gestalten.  

 We come here every year.
Jedes Jahr fahren wir hier hin.







 This one seems to be distressed.
Vielleicht hat dieser Kürbis Zahnschmerzen?





 Ready to go out!
Jetzt machen sie sich auf den Weg!









 Lots of treats!
Viele Süßigkeiten!

 And I made pumpkin chips out of the pumpkin flesh.  They were really good!
Aus dem Kürbisfleisch habe ich Kürbischips gemacht.  Die waren ganz lecker!

We also went to church for All Saints' Day (Vigil Mass).
Wir waren auch für Allerheiligen bei der Vorabendmesse.


6 comments:

  1. The girls look fabulous! Flora is adorable in her costume :) and the pumpkins are wonderful also! Such creative faces with different expressions . . yes, that one is quite distressed! I love the pic of them sitting outside and carving their pumpkins.

    I used to love collecting the candy, but I never ate it all as I've never really liked candy (just the snickers bars). The girls would trade their candy in for an organic chocolate bar. When they were very little, they would place the candy around the house and trick or treat for it . . I remember them doing this for a good two days after Halloween one year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. We never have time to really "think" about costumes. They just throw on whatever they can find :). Jonathan really liked the distressed pumpkin. I think it was Charlotte's.

      I always only liked chocolate candy. All the other sweet stuff I never touched. That is so sweet about the mini Halloween at home! We did things like that with Easter eggs.

      Delete
    2. P.S. Flora carved her pumpkin all by herself for the first time.

      Delete
    3. She did a good job! It's not easy carving a pumpkin.

      Delete
    4. She did a very good job, and her chalkboard message is the sweetest :) xoxo

      Delete
    5. I think Flora was very pleased and I loved her message. She also wrote one for Peter afterwards.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.