Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Laptop

Well, my laptop has not been working quite right for several months now and I finally took it to the friendly people at the help desk on campus: It is their laptop after all.  They simply gave me a "new" laptop, but I have to install all my files onto it.  That will take a while, so no pictures right now.

We had some excitement the day before yesterday because we called the fire department to rescue a little kitten that was stuck in a tree across from our house.  I hope to post a few pictures soon.  Also, we are working on coordinating summer camps for all children except Flora.  Not so easy, believe me.  Then there is Veronika's First Holy Communion that needs some planning.  It will be at the beginning of August.  Summer seems to be flitting by and it does not even feel like summer because it is quite cold here.  Our winter and spring time in California was much warmer.  I also still have some California pictures I wanted to post and some pictures from our trip back.  Too much to even think about.  And we are still finishing up some school work.  But I do want to share a sweet saying from Flora here at the end.  The other day she told me, "Mama, you are as beautiful as a rose that has just started to bloom."


Mein Laptop funktioniert schon seit einigen Monaten nicht mehr richtig und heute haben sich die netten Computerfachmaenner des Colleges entschlossen, mir einen "neuen" Laptop zu geben.  Es muss aber noch einiges installiert werden, und so gibt es im Moment keine neuen Fotos.  

Vorgestern war es hier ganz spannend, weil wir die Feuerwehr anrufen mussten, um ein kleines Kaetzchen aus einem Baum auf der anderen Strassenseite zu retten.  Ich habe das fotografiert, hoffentlich kann ich die Fotos bald hier zeigen.  Wir versuchen auch Ferienlager fuer alle Kinder zu organisieren, das ist ganz schoen kompliziert, auch wenn Flora noch nicht dabei ist.  In einem Monat ist Veronikas Erstkommunion, die muss ja auch organisiert werden.  Da kommt es einem vor, als ob der Sommer schon fast vorbei ist.  Dabei fuehlt es sich gar nicht wie Sommer an!  Es ist viel kaelter als es in Kalifornien im Winter und Fruehling war.  Ich habe auch noch Fotos aus Kalifornien und von unserer Rueckreise, die ich hier hochladen will.  Dann machen wir noch weiter Schule.  Das ist fuer diese kurze Sommerpause schon zu viel.  Aber jetzt will ich noch einen schoenen Ausspruch von Flora teilen: "Mama, du bist so schoen wie eine Rose, die eben angefangen hat zu bluehen!"  Ist das nicht ein schoenes Kompliment?

P.S. Ich kann noch nicht mit deutschen Buchstaben tippen, die Sprache gibt es bisher nicht auf diesem Laptop.  

4 comments:

  1. Busy as always! Flora's comment is just priceless and an honest commentary on the love you show for your family x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks San, I will always treasure and remember that when I notice one more grey hair and more wrinkles.

      Delete
  2. Hello Eva, It's always good to read what all of you are up to. Enjoy the busyness and confusion of these days! Flora's words say everything :) And thank you so much for my wonderful birthday gift. I can't wait to make a cup of tea in the morning. I've also been pointing out my old haunts to the girls on the map you sent. It's fun :) Good luck with the summer schedule. It will all work out. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that Flora's remark was very cute and she really meant it. I am glad that you like the gift. When I wrapped it, Veronika said she wished we had bought one of those for ourselves. So I told her we would have to go back. Veronika loved the Huntington! I thought that the map might bring back memories for you. I am glad that you could share it with the family.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.