Flora, Peter, and I attended the Fiddle & Folk Festival while Miriam was keeping an eye on Leo.
Flora, Peter und ich waren bei einem Fiedelfest, während Miriam sich um Leo gekümmert hat.
So much great music!
So viel gute Musik!
And a beautiful day!
Und ein wunderschöner Tag!
This man was making banjos.
Dieser Mann hat Banjos hergestellt.
Some trees are already turning color!
Einige Bäume bekommen schon buntes Laub!
A pear tree
Ein Birnbaum
Turkeys
Truthähne
The Shaker garden with tansies and monkshood
Der Shakergarten mit Rainfarn und Eisenhut
Kitchen garden at Jones Farmhouse
Küchengarten
Quince
Quitte
Shaker House
Shakerhaus
Flora talking to the chicken and telling her that they had talked to each other every day last week during camp.
Flora redet mit dem Huhn und erzählt ihm, daß sie sich die letzte Woche jeden Tag während des Sommerlagers gesehen haben.
The rooster was not happy that somebody talked to his hen.
Der Hahn fand es nicht so gut, daß jemand sich mit seiner Henne unterhielt.
Dancing
Tanz
We are in Brooks Grove Church listening to music.
In der Brooks Grove Kirche gab es auch Musik.























I had to first see what happened to Leo . . I'm glad he's doing better and that you, Peter and Flora enjoyed the wonderful folk festival. It looks like such a beautiful day with beautiful music. That is a pretty hen and Mr. Rooster's stare into the camera is funny. Did you eat a pear or an apple from the trees? It's amazing to see some leaves starting to change color. Every summer I always feel like it can never get cold again!
ReplyDeleteYes, he hid two days and nights in the basement, did not want to eat or drink, but now he is doing so much better. However, he is still scared about being outside. He used to go outside on his own, but now he wants somebody to go with him. We were wondering if he maybe did not fight with cats, but with the racoon which is around?
DeleteIt was a wonderful time at the museum. You are not allowed to pick fruit, but there was some on the ground, and Flora picked it up and ate a pear. She said it was really good (I am allergic to fresh pears). I saw more autumn leaves today. It is hard to believe that summer will be over soon, I agree!
P.S. Thanks so much for the cute card you sent. I agree, the V&A is phantastic, especially if you go to the exhibitions with fewer people. But we do not go on the weekends anymore, it gets too crowded. They also offer good workshops for teens which our girls have taken.
DeleteA workshop sounds fun! I wonder if winter weekends wouldn't be too crowded? Being allergic to pears sounds unusual - is there something on the skin that is irritating, such as mangos have? (Morgan has to be careful with mangos and citrus zest). Poor Leo . . having a confrontation with a racoon sounds frightening. It's good that he is being careful . . I How far do you think he wanders, because it's interesting that you didn't hear the fight. Thank goodness he is doing better!
DeleteThey do offer a lot of them. Well, we are always there in the winter, they are still crowded. When we were in London in 2004, it was always super empty there on a Sunday. We would go there right after church (Philip Neri, which is next door). Now it is always crowded.
DeleteOh, I am allergic to a lot of fresh fruit: pears, apples, plums, peaches, nectarines, cherries, etc. They are all related. The allergy is called "oral allergy syndrome." It started when I was about 16. I can eat them once they have been cooked.
He does not go so far, just to the neighbors, but we have seen the raccoon around here (and skunks). Julius went much farther, Peter sometimes "met" him on campus! Yes, he is still on antibiotics (it was an injection that lasts about two weeks). But I do think he is okay again, just a bit jumpy and afraid.
Oh that is interesting Eva, about your fruit allergy. It's good you can have them cooked.
DeleteThat's too bad about the V and A always being crowded. Visits after church must have been fun before the crowds arrived.
How funny to meet Julius on campus! Well, I hope everything with Leo stays quiet now!
I am also glad that I can eat all fruit cooked. The V & A back then was normally not crowded, even after church, but things have changed. Leo was a great traveler! Leo had another encounter with a cat or raccoon last night, but did not fight, but came straight back to our front door. That was a relief!
DeleteOh, that is. Does the raccoon make any noise that alerts you to its presence?
DeleteWell, he comes to our bird feeder and makes some noise there. But each time, Leo had this reaction, was in front of the house. We are not sure if the raccoon geos there. The bird feeder is in the back.
DeleteSo etwas besuchen wir auch immer gerne. Und schön, dass es Leo schon wieder etwas besser geht.
ReplyDeleteWir gehen da meistens jedes Jahr hin. Oft ist es sehr heiß, aber nicht dieses Jahr, es war ein sehr schöner Tag. Wir freuen uns auch, daß Leo wieder richtig geht und es ihm besser geht.
DeleteJa, das Wetter kann man sich leider nicht immer aussuchen.
DeleteDas stimmt, unser August ist bisher sehr kalt gewesen. Wir können wohl nicht mehr schwimmen gehen.
DeleteWir hatten die letzten Tage ein bisschen Regen, war auch bitter nötig, aber ansonsten ist mir immer noch zu heiß.
DeleteWir frieren hier :).
DeleteAch, ihr Ärmsten! Ich würde euch gerne ein paar Temperaturen schicken.
DeleteHeute nachmittag war es endlich wieder ein bißchen wärmer :).
DeleteDas freut mich für euch. Zu warm mag ich ja gar nicht, aber frieren im Sommer muss ja nun wirklich nicht sein.
DeleteNein, die Heizung ist auch immer angegangen!
DeleteNa ja, das ist wenigstens ein Trost.
DeleteAber wer heizt denn im August?
DeleteDie Australier? ;)
DeleteWahrscheinlich :)))))!
Delete