Tuesday, February 21, 2012

44

Jonathan turned 14, Flora will turn 4, the children's ages added up right now total 44, and I turned 44 today!

Jonathan ist 14 geworden, Flora wird bald 4, wenn man das Alter aller unserer Kinder im Moment zusammenzählt, erhält man 44, und ich bin heute 44 geworden!

We went to early Mass this morning, stopped at the library, then got some groceries before heading back home. I made a simple lunch (turkey-cabbage pot with rice) and we went to the only cafe in this area, which happens to be on campus, within walking distance. Due to heavy snowfall, though, we didn't walk, but took the car instead. We had some coffee and smoothies with cookies, cashews (mostly for Flora), and chocolate.

Nach der Frühmesse heute morgen waren wir in der Bücherei, kurz einkaufen und sind dann wieder fürs Mittagessen nach Hause gefahren. Es gab Weißkohltopf mit Putenhackfleisch und braunem Reis. Zum Kaffeetrinken sind wir zum einzigen Café in der Gegend gefahren, welches auf dem Collegecampus liegt und gut zu Fuß zu erreichen ist. Eigentlich wollten wir auch zu Fuß gehen, aber heftiges Schneetreiben hat uns davon abgehalten.  Wir haben Kaffee und Milchshake getrunken, dazu Schokolade, Kekse und Cashewnüsse (vorwiegend für Flora) gegessen.

Big mug/Großer Becher




Back home I opened presents and talked to many nice people on the phone. Each child had created something special.  Jonathan made me a wooden toadstool!

Zu Hause habe ich dann Geschenke aufgemacht und mit vielen lieben Menschen telefoniert. Jedes meiner Kinder hat mir etwas Einmaliges geschenkt, Jonathan hat z. B. einen Fliegenpilz geschnitzt und angemalt! 






My dh Peter gave me this lovely soapstone sculpture:

Mein lieber Mann Peter hat mir eine schöne Specksteinskulptur geschenkt:



He also gave me two German books, one of which is called Die deutsche Seele ("The German Soul"). I've had a fantastic day (did I mention that my children and Peter cleaned up the kitchen and living-room after lunch while I took a nap?) and thank everybody who thought of me!

Er hat mir auch zwei deutsche Bücher geschenkt, eins davon heißt Die deutsche Seele. Ich hatte einen fantastischen Tag (habe ich schon erwähnt, daß alle nach dem Mittagessen die Küche gemacht und das Wohnzimmer aufgeräumt haben, während ich mich hinlegen durfte?) und danke allen, die an mich gedacht haben.



14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday for yesterday dear friend.

    I had an inkling your birthday was due but kept forgetting to check your previous birthday postings, sigh:-)

    Looks like you had a lovely day and that coffee shop treat for sure is a well deserved one!

    Love and hugs to you

    San xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, San! The coffee shop is great, especially in our area where there are more cows than people (seriously, the next traffic light is over half an hour away).

      Delete
  2. Alles Gute zum Geburtstag! Du hattest offensichtlich einen sehr schönen Tag mit vielen schönen Überraschungen. So schön! Und lustig mit den Zahlen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wie schön, das sieht alles nach einem wunderbaren Geburtstags-Tag aus! Bestimmt hält die Freude darüber noch eine Weile an. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy happy birthday eva! i'm glad you had a wonderful day. the toadstool and soapstone sculpture are just lovely. hugs, dorina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your birthday wishes, Dorina! Have you had a good time away?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been commenting through the feed via my email, but it is not posting here. Maybe it goes to your email address? In case you didn't get my comment, happy belated birthday :)

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, Alexandra, to be honest, I don't know how the feeds work. Your comment didn't show up here and it's not in my e-mail either. Where else should I look? Thanks so much for your birthday wishes!

      Delete
  7. Never mind, I don't know how it works either. I'll go back to coming here.

    BTW, I think we'll be using Dr. Wile for science in high school. I saw it offered at OLV, so I figured it was Catholic friendly. My son is not a great lover of science, so this conversational/kitchen sink science style is perfect for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I'm not the only one who doesn't know :).

      Yes, I think we'll do the same. Jonathan loves birds and has been interested in our main lesson sciences, but has no real deep interest.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.