Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blog Award/Blog Auszeichnung




Many moons ago, Angela over at A Homeschool Story awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award.  I would like to thank her again for this honor.  Angela, like me, has five children who are raised bilingually.  Her second language is French because her husband is from France. Go and visit her blog to find out more about her and her lovely family.

The rules for accepting this award are as follows (actually, there seem to be different rules about this one, but I chose the format Angela had):
  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you the award.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Award 5-15 other bloggers.
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.  
Well, I just did number 1, so on to number 2: 
  • I grew up in Germany and didn't come to this country until my mid-twenties.
  • I like to wear skirts.
  • I like Irish folk music.
  • I have traveled extensively with my parents and siblings, mainly in Europe, but I haven't seen Ireland, New Zealand, or Prince Edward Island, three places I would like to visit one day.  (I guess there is a theme here: islands.)
  • In high school, I was an exchange-student in British Columbia, Canada.
  • Before having children, I used to teach German at the University of Notre Dame, and, while attending university in Bonn, Germany, I used to work in a Waldorf kindergarten (I also spent my summers with the Katholisches Ferienwerk Oberhausen) (Catholic Family Vacations of Oberhausen), where I led the children's program for their family vacations in Germany and Austria.
  • I like to swim.
Vor vielen Monten hat Angela auf ihrem Blog A Homeschool Story mir den Stylish Blogger Award verliehen.  Ganz herzlichen Dank an Angela, auch eine zweisprachige Mutter mit fünf Kindern.  Ihre Kinder sprechen aber französisch, da ihr Mann aus Frankreich stammt.  Ihr Blog gibt einen guten Einblick in ihr kurzweiliges Leben.  Um die Auszeichnung anzunehmen, muß man:
  1. Der Person, die die Auszeichnung verliehen hat,  danken und ihren Blog kenntlich machen
  2. 7 Dinge über sich selbst preisgeben
  3. Die Auszeichnung an 5-15 weitere Blogs geben
  4. Den neuen ausgezeichneten Bloggern von ihrer Auszeichnung mitteilen
(Es scheint verschiedene Auflagen für diese Auszeichnung zu geben, aber ich halte mich an Angelas Vorgaben).

Nr. 1 habe ich ja schon erledigt, also kommt jetzt Nr. 2:
  • Ich bin in Deutschland aufgewachsen und erst Mitte zwanzig in dieses Land gekommen.
  • Ich trage gerne Röcke.
  • Ich mag irische Folklore.
  • Ich bin mit meinen Eltern und Geschwistern viel in Europa gereist, habe aber noch nicht Irland, Neuseeland und Prince Edward Island (eine kanadische Provinz) gesehen.  Diese drei Orte würde ich gerne noch kennenlernen.  (Anscheinend habe ich ein Faible für Inseln.)
  • Ich war während meiner Oberstufenzeit Austauschschülerin in British Columbia, in Kanada. 
  • Bevor ich Kinder hatte, habe ich Deutsch an der Notre Dame Universität in Indiana unterrichtet und in Deutschland neben meinem Studium in Bonn in einem Waldorfkindergarten gearbeitet (meine Sommer habe ich als Kinderbetreuungsleiterin der Familienfreizeiten des Katholischen Ferienwerkes Oberhausen in Deutschland und Österreich verbracht).
  • Ich schwimme gerne.
Now I have to forward this to some other stylish blogs--Jetzt muß ich diese Auszeichnung an weitere Blogs reichen:

Today my dh Peter is coming back from his second trip.  This time he was in Kentucky for a few days.  We do miss him.

Heute kommt mein Mann Peter von seiner zweiten Reise zurück.  Diesmal war er für einige Tage in Kentucky.  Er fehlt uns.  



8 comments:

  1. What interesting bloggers! Thank you for including me among them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Eva,
    Thank you and I will be glad to play along over the next few days
    Blessings
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello eva! many thanks for the stylish blogger award! i loved reading seven things about you . . now i will imagine you dancing to irish folk music in your pretty skirts :) ireland is also a country i would like to visit with my husband one day. one day! i enjoyed reading _a homeschool story_ and look forward to reading the other bloggers you linked to. vielen dank!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gern geschehen!

    Actually, I used to dance in a folk dance group back in Germany for several years. It was made up mostly of students and quite a few of my friends went there. Most of our dances were from Israel, though, some were from the Balkans. Irish folk dance is much more rigid than those dances. I have a German friend, who is a professor for ethnology and who has done extensive research in Ireland. I always wished I could have visited her while she was there, but I was already in this country. Maybe Peter will get to go to a conference there one day, you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sybille und Alecia auf Deutsch: Gern geschehen!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.