Wednesday, September 9, 2026

St. Peter/Petrus Claver

Peter Claver, Patron Saint of Slaves, the saint of the day (paid link)
Petrus Claver, der Heilige des Tages

We had a full day with homeschool, art class, violin lesson, visiting the family the girls sometimes work for or have worked for, German classes, and a concert.  We also went to church to celebrate St. Peter Claver.  We own the beautiful picture book above which I like to read on his feast day.

The girls baked cookies for "their family" to take along when visiting them today.
Die Mädchen haben Kekse für die befreundete Familie als Mitbringsel gebacken.

We are waiting for the piano concert to start.  It was a student recital of one of my German students.
Wir warten auf den Beginn des Klavierkonzerts.  Eine Studentin von mir hat vorgespielt.

Heute war der Tag sehr voll mit Schule zu Hause, Kunstunterricht, einem Besuch bei der Familie, für die die Mädchen arbeiten bzw. gearbeitet haben, Geigenstunde, Deutschseminar und ein Konzert.  Dann haben wir auch noch den heilgen Petrus Claver in der Kirche gefeiert.  Das Bilderbuch oben gehört uns und ich lese es an seinem Ehrentag gerne hier vor.



9 comments:

  1. Well done to Flora in passing her written driving test. It must be lovely having all the girls under one roof xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, San, she was quite nervous. Yes, it was nice to have them all. Now Charlotte is back in Denver.

      Delete
  2. Hello Eva, I agree with Sandra, how nice to have them together! And congrats to Flora! Also, how nice to attend the piano concert. It reminds me that I should look up the concerts at Third Street that are free on Friday nights (their music school where they studied in the past).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely week, although a bit hectic. Flora is happy that she passed. We have a quite a few good concerts coming up, and all are free. I remember you mentioning those Third Street concerts. I hope they have a good concert selection coming up.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I checked their website and they begin again on October 23rd.

      Delete
    3. Maybe Greg would like to go with you to one of those concerts.

      Delete
    4. Oh, yes, we'll probably go. He still teases me about the alto clarinet concert we once attended. It is just seemingly such an unusual instrument for us . . and there were 8 musicians playing their alto clarinets! It was wonderful, but we also found it funny.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.