Flora had a good first day of class. She was a bit nervous because there is a new teacher (our old sold her studio), but it was all good.
Flora hatte ihre erste Ballettstunde nach der Sommerpause. Sie war ein bißchen nervös, weil es eine neue Lehrerin gibt (ihre alte Lehrerin hat ihr Studio verkauft), doch alles war in Ordnung.

Hello Eva! I'm so glad to hear all is good with the ballet school. What is the name of Flora's new teacher? Are there new students, or all returning? Here's to a fun ballet year for Flora xoxo
ReplyDeleteHa, it is also a Ms. Sarah. Flora's last teacher was Ms. Sarah. She works as a physical therapist in Rochester, I believe, but used to dance professionally. I do not know what her last name is. I have to ask Flora. I have not met her yet. Peter has been doing all the ballet driving (and right now Veronika). Many students are returning, but some stopped dancing or have gone to other studios (and much further away; I never understand how parents can drive over two hours one way to get their children to ballet). I think Flora will enjoy her year, probably her last, and will learn new things.
DeleteOh, I think it sounds good! I hope she likes her new Ms Sarah! (I agree - 2 hours is too much!)
DeleteI know of one family who used to rent an apartment in Rochester so their daughter could take dance lessons there. Isn't that crazy? She was a fine dancer, but not on track to dance professionally. I sent you some info on Ms. Sarah via e-mail.
DeleteOh, thanks :) I'll enjoy looking at it. Is the daughter who took class in Rochester still dancing? That is a lot to do. I'm sure she must have enjoyed it for awhile.
DeleteP.S. We used to know families who. traveled two hours into the city from Long Island.
DeleteWow, I think that is too much.
DeleteAs far as I know, she is a married woman now and does not dance at all.
Delete