Monday, May 2, 2016

Die Physiker/Die Physicists

Jonathan and I are reading the German book "Die Physiker" (The Physicists).  I already read it in school and now I am sharing it with Jonathan.  There is a wonderful TV film from 1964, written by the author, Friedrich Dürrenmatt, himself.    



Jonathan und ich lesen Die Physiker von Dürrenmatt.  Ich habe sie schon in der Schule gelesen und jetzt lesen wir es zusammen.  Es gibt einen sehr guten Fernsehfilm des Buches, den Dürrenmatt selbst geschrieben hat.  


4 comments:

  1. That looks very interesting Eva! Have you ever seen the play? Will you watch the full film after reading the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the play several times, most German high schools put it on :). I watched the movie last night and will do so again after reading the play with Jonathan. It is an excellent movie and very close to the book. I love Dürrenmatt, he was such a terrific author.

      I am in my office, trying to put together a final for my students on Friday. I have to drive to the library now and then get home. Jonathan and Charlotte are responsible for supper tonight.

      Delete
  2. Die Physiker gefällt mir sehr. Habe auch schon in der Sekundarschule eine Aufführung gesehen. Weiterhin viel kritischen Spass damit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke schön, die Thematik ist inzwischen ein wenig überholt, doch die Grundidee bleibt. Mal sehen, was Jonathan am Ende dazu denkt.

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.